Synergy Ball joints

BADDANDY

Adventurer
I have a set still sitting in the box. Started reading bad things about them after I bought mine. I'd been waiting for Death Wobble before installing them. Since figured out it was my Atlas bumper and carrier combo causing the front shimmy I was experiencing, so goodbye the carrier went.

toymaster

Explorer
I did some research on JKO it seems like this has been a problem. I'm sure Dave will take care of you. Noticed Northridge has a sale going on now for prosteers. Maybe a good price can be worked out for an upgrade instead of just replacing the synergy ones.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am running NAPA gold/Spicer units. Work great, lifetime warranty and SOLID. I have about 120k on mine now and they are still tight with no wear. I was never a fan of synergy or alloy joints.

Alphonse

Observer
I've had the synergy ball joints on my daily driver/weekend warrior JK Unlimited for about 25k miles. The whole time with heavy toyo 37's and steel wheels (126lbs total). No issues so far I am consistent about keeping them greased, every 5k miles and make sure you grease them when you install they aren't pre-greased from synergy. I'm not sure how long these will last but for the price I'm not dissatisfied so far...

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
I've had my Synergy joints installed for about 30,000 hard miles and they're still tight as a drum. I grease them about once a year.

mtbxj87

Adventurer
Where is the play? If its side to side, if you where to pull and push the tire at 12/6 o'clock, I would be worried. If its just vertical play, its not a big deal. I see JK and Dodges all day though the shop, less then 50k, have vertical play. Dodge has a inspection bulletin on how to check/ measure the play.

Lecoq

Explorer
I've got vertical play on my Alloy USA (made in taiwan) joint on the driver side. Passenger side is tight. I was going to replace with Synergy but looks like I'll "steer" away from them... :elkgrin:

Mitch502

Explorer
Will I be shunned if I say that I used the LT Warranty ones from Oreilly? I don't have many miles, but the job wasn't too difficult and they seemed to be built well.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
If you look closely they are probably spicer units. I have to see a photo to be sure. Lifetime warranty anything should be ok, A hell of a lot better than the plastic crap that comes stock, that's for sure.

EDIT: just had a look, I would be somewhat apprehensive over the off brand names they sell, but if they are moog, you should be fine...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier