Stage ONE Complete

bptp7270

Adventurer
I have one still in the packaging that I bought for a 07 FG I had. Free to a good home, but I suspect the postage to the US would be a killer.

Heidi

Thanks to all who had leads and fun comments. I will follow up and see what is available and what shipping charges will run.

It is another great and practical downunder product.
We just love the endless visibility out the Fuso windscreen, but are less enthusiastic when heading into cloudless sunshine on a hot summer day.

One additional question, has anyone had them and noted if they cause extra "noise", especially if it is very windy?
We had heard that the rockguards are very noisy while driving.

THANKS again to all!

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Heidi,
Our truck is 2003 FG649 and has a sun visor fitted to it but i can't think if it does make any extra noise. Saying that we have never driven with out it fitted.
Plus the truck is noisy anyway lol lol.

Mr Rehab

Traveller
We just love the endless visibility out the Fuso windscreen, but are less enthusiastic when heading into cloudless sunshine on a hot summer day.

One additional question, has anyone had them and noted if they cause extra "noise", especially if it is very windy?
We had heard that the rockguards are very noisy while driving.

We drive a 2010 Isuzu NPS. The sun visor is great most of the time, really helps keep the sun out of the large windscreen and out of your eyes in the late afternoon but yes, loud droning wind noise at speeds above 85kmh. Becomes very tiring for big travel days on the highway - not a problem for the occasional trip but a pain if you're regularly at highway speed, not an issue any other time. I'm going to try raising the mounting points by 50mm/2in to increase the air-gap between the visor and cab.

Haven't noticed any extra noise from our stone guards.

bptp7270

Adventurer
Not sure if this would help, but I had a mesh style visor on my old truck rather than solid metal and it wasn't noisy at all.

Turtle59

Intrepid Wanderer
Great truck. I hope you enjoy it.

What brand are the yellow step to get into the back of the cab? I could do with something a bit more substantial like that for my kids.

HazMan

Observer
After having technical difficulties with my old profile, here is a quick update photo.

I still have some work to do with the camper frame before I put the side panels on, but it's now registered. It has be taken on a few test runs carrying all the bikes and camping gear away for weekends and a little 4x4ing which it did well.

Sean

Attachments

• canter_Grey.jpg
    canter_Grey.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

HazMan

Observer
Here it is on Stockton Beach with the side panels on.

I still have to make the frames for my fold out beds, frame for entrance door and tailgate frame, but now you can see what it will look like.

Sean

Attachments

• Stockton2.jpg
    Stockton2.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 42

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles