Stage ONE Complete

seancampbell

Out with the old, in with the new.

This is Stage One of my build:

Remove tool boxes = -200kg (Sold to friend)
Remove old tray = -890kg (Sold to for scrap metal)
Remove standard suspension
Remove ex-Railways 19.5 inch singles (for sale if anyone wants them)

Add new suspension
Add new 17 inch super singles
Add new Hankook 37's

Oh... AND WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THE LEFT HAND THREAD ON THE WHEEL STUDS!!!!!

Sean

Attachments

• FG_Afrter2.jpg
    FG_Afrter2.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 58
  • FG_After.jpg
    FG_After.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 67
  • FG_Before.jpg
    FG_Before.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

dlh62c

Explorer
Good looking rig, sure wish a duel cab was available in the USA.

Australian's have all the good stuff, maybe I should relocate to there.

dlh62c

Explorer
In the first picture with the tray and tools boxes mounted, your running singles.

Are those just the OEM dual wheels with only a single in the rear?

seancampbell

In the first picture with the tray and tools boxes mounted, your running singles.

Are those just the OEM dual wheels with only a single in the rear?

They are what our State Railway department put on their maintenance truck. They are singles but different offset for Front and Rear.

I'm not sure if the fronts are OEM... Maybe someone can clear that up?

Last edited:

alan

Explorer
Out with the old, in with the new.

This is Stage One of my build:

Remove tool boxes = -200kg (Sold to friend)
Remove old tray = -890kg (Sold to for scrap metal)
Remove standard suspension
Remove ex-Railways 19.5 inch singles (for sale if anyone wants them)

Add new suspension
Add new 17 inch super singles
Add new Hankook 37's

Oh... AND WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THE LEFT HAND THREAD ON THE WHEEL STUDS!!!!!

Sean

Hi Sean,
Whats the load rating on the tyres? i believe Hankook recently changed it.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
They are what our State Railway department put on their maintenance truck. They are singles but different offset for Front and Rear.

I'm not sure if the fronts are OEM... Maybe someone can clear that up?

I thought those wheels were made with offsets to allow the trucks to run on the railway tracks....with the small drop down train wheels front and back. The front track is narrrower than standard and rear looks like it matches the front.

seancampbell

I thought those wheels were made with offsets to allow the trucks to run on the railway tracks....with the small drop down train wheels front and back. The front track is narrrower than standard and rear looks like it matches the front.

Yes, that would be correct. I can see where they had those drop down train wheels bolted to the front of the chassis.

Maybe I should keep the railway singles and see if I can follow The Indian Pacific across?

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Yes, that would be correct. I can see where they had those drop down train wheels bolted to the front of the chassis.

Maybe I should keep the railway singles and see if I can follow The Indian Pacific across?

Ok but if you see headlights coming towards you, don't try playing Chicken. Haha

Heidi

External sun visor source

Just a query if you added the external sun visor above the windscreen, or if it was already part of the package?
Do you or anyone, know where they are available and if they can be purchased in North America?

Thanks to anyone with a lead to finding one.

seancampbell

Just a query if you added the external sun visor above the windscreen, or if it was already part of the package?
Do you or anyone, know where they are available and if they can be purchased in North America?

Thanks to anyone with a lead to finding one.

I think they were standard or an option on ours... We must have a hotter/brighter sun downunder :suning:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior