Farewell, XTerra

Dake21

Adventurer
It's sad really. Offroad vehicle are leaving the market one by one. At least there's still the frontier.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I had a Pathfinder before they forked the Pathfinder/Xterra, always liked what they did with the Xterra, very capable and reliable vehicle with a proven drivetrain at a good price point. You weren't necessarily going to go rock crawling with it, but it could chew up the rough-road miles with ease.

philndz

Adventurer
Snagged one! A '15 Pro-4x, to keep my sub-100k 4runner company, and because I love basic, reliably simple, authentic 4x4's, and well...in the age of $43k 4runners, the X is a outright bargain.
20150502_190344_zpshgoocuzi.jpg

20150502_205240_zps87vywzns.jpg

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Snagged one! A '15 Pro-4x, to keep my sub-100k 4runner company, and because I love basic, reliably simple, authentic 4x4's, and well...in the age of $43k 4runners, the X is a outright bargain.

20150502_205240_zps87vywzns.jpg
Dude your garage is cleaner than my house! :p
Wife wants to replace her little Nissan Altima coupe and I'm trying hard to talk her into an Xterra. She already has a Jeep though so it may be difficult.

philndz

Adventurer
Dude your garage is cleaner than my house! :p

Heh, thanks guys. I get comments like that often, but I'm genuinely surprised every time at the 'mileage' that some cheap fluorescent lights, and a DIY epoxy floor get you in terms of appearance. Oh and car-guy rule #1: yard tools belong in the shed!

kmroxo

Observer
I agree, Xterra is a great value. I had an '08 "Off Road" and only switched to the Titan for more tow capacity. Sometimes I'm temped to switch back ...

Last edited:

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Love my 2014. And with regards to rock crawling with it... well, you would be surprised :)

In my experience, the traction control on this vehicle is as good or better than any goofy acronym produced by any manufacturer today.

I would put mine up against any other vehicle with an open front differential and 33" tires any day.

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
[snipped] more toe capacity

Should have gotten one of these than...
628x471.jpg

It is a shame manufacturers are moving away from off-road capable vehicles. What will the high school kids get to drive in 10-20 years? People need a cheap, reliable entry point into the 4x4 hobby. The original Toyota pickup is long gone or abused. They're going to have to get creative with CRVs and Outbacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior