BrandX 2008 Superduty

BrandX

Adventurer
Hello portal members. I felt it was time to post a build log for my new to me truck. I sold the 2007 tacoma due to a growing family and our life going in a new direction. what we bought was a 2008 Ford F-250 Superduty. Its a crew cab long bed and it is 4x4. It is also the gas 5.4 it had 70,000 miles when we bought it and we paid $17,000 for it. Of course it had to be expedition white too. Here is the truck
DSC_1655.jpg
Now in this picture it has the converted hummer wheels and tires on it. They are double bead locks from trail worthy fab in wichita and I have since sold them due to them being poorly made. I fit the wheels and tires on this truck with NO lift. I only had to do some minor fender trimming.

Last edited:

BrandX

Adventurer
A few months ago I did replace the front and rear factory bumpers with some used ranch hand ones that I got used off craigslist for about $500. I also added a CB with a firestick antenna. I installed a job box for a tool box and added a 20lb fire extinguisher and full size shovel. I ran welding cable to both front and rear bumpers to run a winch that I made a cradle for. I installed smitty built GEAR seat covers over the front vinyl seats( makes for easy clean up after the kids and dogs). plus it has rubber floor carpet.

BrandX

Adventurer
I have been needing a snorkel for a while now since I almost drown the engine a few times this spring in about 5ft of water. since no one makes one for my truck a was going to have to either modify one or fabricate one. the price quote I got to fab one out of 3.5 in exhaust pipe was going to be $500. So that was out. I then had to figure out how to design one that did not look to ghetto and came up with one that met my wife's approval, and started making it. Its pvc and cost me $25 dollars. So yesterday I cut the hole in the fender( i will post pictures later.. sorry).

Last edited:

TrailWhale

Observer
Look into TJM snorkels. I had one on my 05 F350, which also had a 5.4 gas engine. You'll need to modify the intake tubing under the hood, but that's far easier than trying to fab an entire snorkel body. Jegs has intake tubing and connectors at reasonable prices.
Also ARB makes a snorkel, but it is designed for the diesel trucks, but again, with some intake work it will fit. The fenders on the 99-10 trucks are all so close in design, that even a snorkel for an 05-07 will work.
Good luck!

MACAMN

11926068_10206406328330386_7150098134187199783_o.jpg
11952738_10206406328410388_3678402312961519082_o.jpg

Trailboss

Senior Curmudgeon
Love that front receiver hitch, every truck should come with one standard. Makes launching a boat or moving a trailer child's play, and a cargo rack also is a great platform to work on the engine.

BrandX

Adventurer
Thank you. If you look close you can see the quick disconnect for the winch just above and to the left. I ran one to the rear bumper also so I can move the winch to were it is needed most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles