Anyone using a bed slide?

TXscout

Observer
I have a F350 CCLB and the bed is a blank slate right now. I've been going back and forth on what to do with it, ie. drawers/sleeping platform, ditch the camper shell, keep it, do a frame with a Roof top tent, and the list goes on and on. Are any of you guys using a bed slide? It seems like a utilitarian solution where gear can be packed in containers instead of drawers; very modular. Im asking the full size crowd because you all have worked with the same canvas. thanks for your input

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I had an older model Bedslide in my van project for a bit, and it was really handy. What I did not like about it was that it would bounce up and down on its track on uneven surfaces. Sometimes it was really loud and sometimes it was a constant rattle. I am sure that the newer models are much tighter, but definitely take a look at the slider mechanism when choosing a Bedslide or similar brand.

rayra

Expedition Leader
A few nice homebuiilt ones in the Storage sticky topic. The slickest uses skate bearings and square tube steel as the slider mechanism.

Bojak

Adventurer
I drove a work truck that had a high end bed slide. Honestly, it sucked. If you were nose down, need to be really strong to open it with anything in it. If you were slightly nose up, warch out when you pull the latch because its coming. Nose up even more and the weight on the pin was too great to able to pull the pin. Really it was a PITA. Maybe not what you wanted to hear but I delt with it for 5 years and hated it.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
i got one put in the back of my Stahl service body trailer. I found it handy. It was way easier to get at your stuff than if it was inside the 4x8 bed of the trailer. It also made loading, unloading and, especially, tying down a motorcycle a lot easier. I made liberal use of stabilizer jacks to keep things solid and level and didn't have issues controlling the loaded slide, but I wasn't hauling much beyond bikes and camping gear..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke