Hughes Net users

bajasurf

Explorer
I have been using HughesNet internet service for almost 2 years and the service gradually has been degrading. The last few weeks has been rampant with "service outage" and worse than "dial up" speed. Yesterday was the worse with almost non connect throughout the day. Finally when I was able to log on I decided to do a Google search and find out what the problem with HughesNet is. Well, instead I found the solution. I happened upon this website:
http://www.copperhead.cc/satspeed.html

I read the information and thought their software would be of help. I made a $25 "donation" and downloaded the software, which was very simple and needed only one button to click on, and am amazed. The difference in my internet speeds is incredible and I am blazing through the net. I am experiencing the fastest connect times since I purchased HughesNet. I am using the 7000 modem. If you are a Hughesnet subscriber and not happy it will be worth your time to explore this product. I am not in anyway affiliated with copperhead.

flywgn

Explorer
Interesting and useful information, bajasurf. I use Hughes at home in Idaho and it's also on our larger (than the AT) travel trailer with a Motosat dish.

The Idaho unit has been in use since 2006 and seems to have hiccoughs only when the ice and snow collect on the horn. It points SW, so on most occasions the sun has taken care of de-icing.

The Motosat unit is used rarely, but has done fine (except when we approached the Arctic Circle in 2004) for the most part.

I think that only twice during the four years have I had to call a Hughes tech (now that's a story in itself :eek: ) and was told that they were "working on the satellite". I envisioned these space cadets hovering in weightlessness around the satellite with untethered tools drifting off into the vastness of the universe.

In any case, the one time recently when my service went down it was at a crucial moment and I waited anxiously while those Hughes folks made things right again. I'd rather not experience that again.

I have the 7000 on both dishes.

Thanks again for that link. I've saved it to apply when we're back in Idaho. We're in AZ today on the way to Baja California for a few days.

Allen R

bajasurf

Explorer
travel dodge said:
looks like something I need to try, it works for mac right?
for the price any improvement would be nice...
I looked on the site and I don't believe the software will work on a Mac. I have had the software installed for 2 days and I am amazed how much faster my downloads and upload speeds are. You might want to check out the web site and contact them and ask if they do support Mac. Good Luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier