01 temp light on uphill climbs ?

anavant

Hey All. I was recently off road in my 01 Disco and the temperature light on the dash would light up only during up hill climbs. I am new to the Rover world and wondering if there is something I should be aware of? The thermo gauge was steady in the middle, only the red light on the dash would light up.

Ideas?

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Check your owners manual to confirm which light but from memory that is a transmission overheat warning light..sensor on the Trans cooler lines..

99Discovery

Adventurer
Get an Ultraguage! my d2 would hit 220f on moderate highway hills and the temp. Gauge would still be in the center! I had s clogged T-stat, replaced it with a TD5 thermostat and now rarely hit 200f in low range in triple digit Utah Desert heat!

The most important thing you can do to the disco is keep up on the cooling system. Next is a serviceable driveshaft!

anavant

99 discovery, thanks so much ! Im going to upgrade the Thermostat. Are there more than one T Stat in the truck, or is there one specific to the tranny I need to replace?

anavant

After some research I also found that the temp rise in the tranny could be from a viscous fan coupling that is going bad or is bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94