Dry Flush Toilet??

ripperj

Explorer
The description makes it sound like a Diaper Genie thing that I had for my kids diapers. It was a disaster that made poo sausages (endless bag with a twist between uses)
I got so pissed I ended up throwing the thing out my bathroom window( through the screen)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hobbsrt

Well I just bought one for my 4 wheel grandby flatbed and it should be here soon. I'll replace the thetford cassette toilet with it. I also bought a marine seat mount that slides and swivels so it can fit right where the thetford was I believe. The thetford cassette was fine for 2 days for 2 people but I wouldn't trust it much longer than that. Then there is the issue of what to do with the poison and stuff inside. I think the Laveo will be great. I'll report back after install and then after I use it.

Coachgeo

Explorer
crap in a homebrewed natures head. (C head) and then empty solids collection bucket thru a sift like a cat litter tool. Put on rubber gloves, (looking into other means to do this but so far to complicated/bulky) Roll up the stool into ball (its already a month old and rather dried by the peat moss.) Remaining "dry" peat moss or sawdust goes back in collection bucket. The nasty peat moss gets rolled into the poo balls. Maybe add some powdered starch before rolling poo balls.. pop the poo balls in a bin that is located in a manner the exhaust can dry it out further. Tada....... no more carrying firewood.... you got nature balls to burn. Similar is done in 3rd world countries to reduce use of open coal burning inside kitchen. Sanitation is only an issue if you roll the stuff up by hand (gross) other wise burning it is not an issue. No different than burning cow/buffalo patties.... a fire source used for centuries

PS..... urning makes a great medium for HHO.... catalyst included and needs less power to create the electrolysis.

use reuse. Working toward that goal. Got other irons in the fire first.

STREGA

Explorer
Well I just bought one for my 4 wheel grandby flatbed and it should be here soon. I'll replace the thetford cassette toilet with it. I also bought a marine seat mount that slides and swivels so it can fit right where the thetford was I believe. The thetford cassette was fine for 2 days for 2 people but I wouldn't trust it much longer than that. Then there is the issue of what to do with the poison and stuff inside. I think the Laveo will be great. I'll report back after install and then after I use it.

I'am looking for a replacement of our current porta-potty which has developed a leak between the top and bottom halfs. Intrested in hearing how the Laveo works for you.

I've got one in my fwc, I love it! fyi, adding a couple scoops of sawdust to each flush helps with long term odor and splash during the flush. it's expensive per use, if you want it to be completely odor free, saw dust, flush wipes and two flushes per use seem to be the key.

Murf2

The castle house truck used a sawdust / bucket toilet - which isn't a composting system but a collection / management system with composting done separately. This is similar to the "nature's head" except no urine separation. If you are in one spot for long periods (months) than a sawdust /bucket toilet can be effective. If mobile the nature's head is better as it uses less additive material since the urine is separated during use and most users just dispose instead of composting.

I’m new to all this so I have a couple questions.

How exactly does the nature’s head separate the urine? The reason I ask is, as I get older. It seems I do both at the same time. Is this doable with the nature’s head?

The poop isn’t really composted yet when it’s time to empty it, is it?

Do you end up throwing the stuff away or take it home and use it?

Thanks
Murf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coachgeo

Explorer
I’m new to all this so I have a couple questions.

How exactly does the nature’s head separate the urine?
like most all separating toilets... it separates by a clever designed 2 in 1 bowl. front of the bowl is it's own bowl to catch urine.... rear of bowl is for feces.
The reason I ask is, as I get older. It seems I do both at the same time. Is this doable with the nature’s head?
in theory... I don't own one but never heard complaint with this issue

The poop isn’t really composted yet when it’s time to empty it, is it?
Not composted.... maybe marginally composted?

Do you end up throwing the stuff away or take it home and use it?
Most throw it away which is legal buttttttt..... IMHO throw in a can on back of rig and add it to a full compost setup when you get home.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Looking forward to the review, once you have used it. I am going to replace the standard RV toilet in my Apex, and was planning on replacing with a Cassette. I am not against other options though.

hobbsrt

I installed the dry flush toilet in my 4 Wheel Camper Grandby Flatbed model today. I wanted it to fit like the cassette toilet and swivel out when you use it and tuck in when not in use516757516758516759. Because of the shape and the area, I had to get a sliding and swivel marine seat mount so it would do what I wanted. After about 4 hours of mock up in the garage, I got it just right. So, I removed the cassette toilet and installed the laveo dry flush in its place. All in about 6-7 hours but I am very happy with the install. Now I have to use and and report on that. I know it was a real project - it was 3 trips to the hardware store. Man I hate those factory hose clamps! Here are the photos.....

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
After all this discussion it sounds like it's a Hell of a lot easier to join the Bear and just schidt in the woods!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles