WeldTec Designs 6" Ford E-Series suspension specs "twin i beam 2 wheel drive"

Petrolburner

Explorer
Best thing to do is assemble without the spring if you can, and run it through its full travel. See what hits first. I'd want the bump stop to hit before the shock bottomed out on its integral bump stop. The fast trucks with big money long travel have fancy air bump stops. Taller and softer bumps stops would be a nice addition.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Stage 1 kit " Ocotillo Cruiser"

Here is a look at the stage 1 kit installed and at full compression. Here are some actual numbers to show you what is going on with the front suspension. The coils for our 4" kit "Ocotillo Cruiser" are 19" and shock length is 18" at full extension. Now we are going to hit the ULTIMATE fall guy jump...... fully compressed your coil would be 9" on the bump stop and your shock is 12". Your coil compressed 10" while your shock only moved 6". Showing that the ratio is 1.6:1 or there about. Not to mention your coil is over coilbound and your engine is now in your lap..... not really but maybe....
In order for your bump stop to be used before your shock we could include a 2" block to lower your bump stop so you could hit it before your shock bottoms out. The fox shocks have a rubber bump built into them which works well if your are Lee Majors hitting those sweet jumps in a "van" pushing the coils to the limit.... IN that case we would love to do a coilver setup on your van that would really be amazing....

Here is the suspension at full droop on my personal pre runner, it has the bumps that you are talking about. This has 28" of rear wheel travel...Which you can hit the fall guy jumps. I would be more then happy to show more pics of it in a new thread.

I hope this helps with any misunderstanding of suspension Geometry or concerns about bump stops. I want you to know you are getting a superior kit that is going to give your van the best performance possible.

Sea.Jay

Observer
Here comes glass and long travel. Lol **** your 4 seat prerunner, I'm going for 15 seater.

Looking forward to getting this kit on before I hit the road!

**** might get real, real soon.

Last edited:

Vannibal Smith

A couple months ago my friend, redoval on this thread, told me about weldtec's lift kits. I did my research and gave Jeremy at weldtec a call. He was very helpful and got me set up with the right kit for my needs. So, here is another finished Weldtec stage 2 kit:
image.jpgimage.jpg

I had to trim the fenders a little, but it came out great. Drives great too. Thanks to Jeremy at Weldtec for the help and good work!

radorsch

Adventurer
These vans look so much better with a lift and some tires... Not to mention the excellent ride improvement with Jeremy's lift!

Vannibal Smith

Full springs were not an option yet...but I know Jeremy is working on that...so I did the two inch blocks for now. We'll see how the rear end feels off road before swapping out to custom springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Looks really nice with the wheels and tires! Rear long travel springs are coming....... here is a batch of radius arm brackets ready for the mig oven.... standard with all our stage 2 kits.

REDOVAL

Adventurer
Made a last minute decision to go with the Weldtec Designs 6" Complete Performance Package and Jeremy stepped up and made it happen. I picked up the kit one week after the order was made and installed it myself in about 10 hours. A large chunk of this time was donated to swapping out the leaf springs for a long travel version Jeremy is prototyping. The components installed correctly and fit without too many worries or issues. Mickey Thompson provided the Deegan 38 pro 2 wheels and Baja MTZ P3 rubber for the project. We will be taking the van out on the Mojave Road this weekend and I will report back with details about the performance and capabilities of this awesome setup. Thanks again to Jeremy for helping to make this happen with such an unrealistic timeline.

Scott

Attachments

• van lift wheels.jpg
    van lift wheels.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior