Jeep dealer meeting sheds light on future models

hahahaha
Gangsta-Oscar-The-Grouch.jpg

r3run33

Adventurer
i'm not surprised they have all these models coming out Jeeps are selling like "hot cakes" they are the IT car right now and some of the prices are crazy! Would love to see what the profit margin is on some of this vehicles. Don't get me wrong I ma happy for them but as a former jeep owner they need to do better in quality control etc

r3run33

Adventurer
oh as for the the diesel; the cost is just way to high at purchase etc with gas prices being low its never gonna be a seller to the general public

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
oh as for the the diesel; the cost is just way to high at purchase etc with gas prices being low its never gonna be a seller to the general public

Couldn't that be said of the Rubicon. There are just too many people that want the best a model has to offer whether it makes sense or not.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society

what...diesel is $2.05 and regular is $1.80 here in SC...perfect time to own a diesel or a gas vehicle....salad days are here

screwball48

Explorer

I have heard several times in my life that there is no way to justify the increase in price to buy a 4wd vehicle. Sadly I have followed this logic a few times and have regretted it every time. I will now alway make sure to have a 4wd in the stable even if it does cost me more money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

justcuz

Explorer
I've read in a few sources that Sergio had no developement money in the pipeline for American products for the next five years. All was going to Alfa. If this dealer show was the real deal then either Sergio finally learned where his bread is buttered or it was a big tease to keep dealers from bailing on FCA. Time will tell. If you sell Jeeps or Rams, life is good, the rest not so much.

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
in my part of california Diesel is finally cheaper than regular (the way it should be).

Factor that plus the convenience of longer range without filling up.

I think they'll sell plenty

Stoney126

Adventurer
I'm curious where there going to put all the def catalyst and how exhaust routing will be done. It's packed under the grand Cherokee. Be interesting to see

AZJim

Observer
Or the sources were wrong. Never understood those news stories, what with the proving grounds busy with future development. Lots of vehicles in the works for the US side, and not all were shown at the dealer show.

Jim

I've read in a few sources that Sergio had no developement money in the pipeline for American products for the next five years. All was going to Alfa. If this dealer show was the real deal then either Sergio finally learned where his bread is buttered or it was a big tease to keep dealers from bailing on FCA. Time will tell. If you sell Jeeps or Rams, life is good, the rest not so much.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
in my part of california Diesel is finally cheaper than regular (the way it should be).

Factor that plus the convenience of longer range without filling up.

I think they'll sell plenty

I agree. In Idaho right now diesel is 0.15/gal cheaper than gas, so it's a win-win to go diesel.

-Dan

justcuz

Explorer
Or the sources were wrong. Never understood those news stories, what with the proving grounds busy with future development. Lots of vehicles in the works for the US side, and not all were shown at the dealer show.

Jim

Well Jim, I don't live in Arizona but I get by Yucca a few times a year. Seems like most of what I see out there are Jeeps. It's no secret Sergio's major focus is reviving Alfa Romeo and building most everything FCA makes as far as automobiles off of those platforms.
I also don't think very highly of Marchione and his bid for GM is a desperation move. He's got nothing to bring to the table...except Jeep which is worth about 60% of FCA.
If I was GM I would wait till FCA is going broke and buy Jeep for a huge discount. Mercedes was a disaster for Chrysler and Fiat isn't much better.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Well Jim, I don't live in Arizona but I get by Yucca a few times a year. Seems like most of what I see out there are Jeeps. It's no secret Sergio's major focus is reviving Alfa Romeo and building most everything FCA makes as far as automobiles off of those platforms.
I also don't think very highly of Marchione and his bid for GM is a desperation move. He's got nothing to bring to the table...except Jeep which is worth about 60% of FCA.
If I was GM I would wait till FCA is going broke and buy Jeep for a huge discount. Mercedes was a disaster for Chrysler and Fiat isn't much better.

So Mercedes and Fiat ruined Chrysler. For crying out loud. Chrysler has been hanging on by hair for many many years. Chrysler is responsible for their disaster.

AZJim

Observer
In the 90's Chrysler was on top of the game. Best profits per vehicle, lowest production costs. And 13 billion cash reserve, they did not need any merger or rescue. The bonehead Bob Eaton was scared by the potential of a hostile takeover. So he worked out a deal to have Daimler take over Chrysler, and he walked away with a reward of close to 400 million dollars in his pocket. Even Iacocca said putting Eaton in charge of Chrysler was the worst mistake he ever made. All Daimler wanted was every penny they could get out of Chrysler and dump them. Fiat is completely different.
One day someone will write a book about what went on during those years. If you didn't live it you'll find it hard to believe.

Jim

So Mercedes and Fiat ruined Chrysler. For crying out loud. Chrysler has been hanging on by hair for many many years. Chrysler is responsible for their disaster.

justcuz

Explorer
Good points Jim,
Lee should have made Lutz his successor, Chrysler would have been in a much better place today.
Lutz did write a book that touches on some of this, but not all.
Fiat is different only in they want all their product underpinning Chysler products because Sergio thinks they are better. In reality Sergio's team of management folks have shocked the established product planners in Auburn Hills with their antiquated processes and quality control standards. Chrysler was better than the current company 15 years ago in all aspects.
Iacocca pulled a Henry Ford on Bob Lutz, he let personal get in the way of business.
Lee was past his prime, he still thought fake wire wheel hub caps, white walls and vinyl tops were cool, he was out of touch, just like Henry Ford II was at the end. He nearly killed his own company with all the variations on the Fox platform.
Lutz was a car guy, Lee was an idiot for not promoting him.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles