2006 Mazda B2300 Build Thread

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
4.56 Gears! Just need to buy a master install kit and diff fluid, thinking about an aftermarket diff cover but I'm not sure I can justify the price of them

Also picked up some sweet camping gear from my Christmas gift cards

I'm also thinking for income tax I might step up from the cooler life and get a fridge/freezer. So far the one that has caught my eye the most has been the dometic CFX65. Seems like a good size and isn't as expensive as an arb fridge. I'm not good with power numbers though so if someone could direct me to what kinda solar panel I should get to prolong the truck battery so I could camp for a few days without the truck running that would be great! With having a fridge I'd like to then build some sort of bed platform in the box, taking up approximately half the box over one of the wheel wells should be big enough for me and the woman
Ideas I got going-

Just ideas for now

TheFutur

Adventurer
Nice! I want to get an aftermarket diff cover but they're pricy... What gear oil are you going to run in your diff?

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Nice! I want to get an aftermarket diff cover but they're pricy... What gear oil are you going to run in your diff?

Quite pricey for something I really don't need...just synthetic Royal Purple diff oil, 75W140
On a different note I nightshaded my taillights last night, 2 medium coats turned out alright. Need to switch to led bulbs and wire up the cap brake light though

east_tn_81

Adventurer
The truck has come a long way. When are you going to bite the bullet and pick up the gear to convert it to 4 wheel drive? Maybe a solid front axle?

tennesseewj

Observer
With having a fridge I'd like to then build some sort of bed platform in the box, taking up approximately half the box over one of the wheel wells should be big enough for me and the woman

I feel like 1/2 of the bed space in a small truck like yours would be uncomfortably close sleeping quarters. You may want to test drive that theory prior to buying materials.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
The truck has come a long way. When are you going to bite the bullet and pick up the gear to convert it to 4 wheel drive? Maybe a solid front axle?

Unfortunately with the coil spring models you can't just convert them to 4x4 as the front of frames differ quite a bit but I do have a friend selling a Dana 30 i might buy in spring..

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
I feel like 1/2 of the bed space in a small truck like yours would be uncomfortably close sleeping quarters. You may want to test drive that theory prior to buying materials.

Yea I guess I didn't realize how small these boxes are to i took a few measurements the other day, really wishing i an extended cab to put the fridge in etc but I think i got a general idea on making something comfortable

TheFutur

Adventurer
Quite pricey for something I really don't need...just synthetic Royal Purple diff oil, 75W140
On a different note I nightshaded my taillights last night, 2 medium coats turned out alright. Need to switch to led bulbs and wire up the cap brake light though

Cool I was thinkinh about switching both my front and rear diff fluid to royal purple as well. Dropping my front diff in a week or two to do a big servicing as well as replace tie rod ends, lower and upper ball joints, and some miscellaneous seals. With my luck Id do a front diff fluid change and then 3 months later the axle seals would fail haha

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Cool I was thinkinh about switching both my front and rear diff fluid to royal purple as well. Dropping my front diff in a week or two to do a big servicing as well as replace tie rod ends, lower and upper ball joints, and some miscellaneous seals. With my luck Id do a front diff fluid change and then 3 months later the axle seals would fail haha

Might as well just get it all done at once, should throw in a torsen lsd up front while at it

TheFutur

Adventurer
Might as well just get it all done at once, should throw in a torsen lsd up front while at it

Ill look into that but money is tight for me right now... One more semester then im free!

Just picked up a front bumper today so ive officially spent my yearly truck budget already bahaha

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Ill look into that but money is tight for me right now... One more semester then im free!

Just picked up a front bumper today so ive officially spent my yearly truck budget already bahaha

What kind of bumper? Tomorrow I'm starting a new job that's only a 10 minute walk from home so I'm going to drop off my truck at my buddies for some custom bumpers

TheFutur

Adventurer
What kind of bumper? Tomorrow I'm starting a new job that's only a 10 minute walk from home so I'm going to drop off my truck at my buddies for some custom bumpers

Local fab guy made a front bumper (not a whinch bumper) for his ranger but he is selling his ranger for dirt cheap so i offered him to swap bumpers + $$$ on my end and he agreed.

He was halfway through a skid plate that attaches to the bumper so he told me he would finish it and give it to me for $50 so im pretty amped up for that!

Ill post some photos tomorrow when I have some daylight to play with and post them up in my build thread so keep your eyes peeled!

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
The winch cradle is welded on but the tube bumper itself is bolt on, bolts to the factory location and the bottom of the winch craddle, so by just removing the top bolts you can fold down the bumper in front of the truck allowing for easy access at my future winch for if something were to go wrong etc

Few more pics, I'll try and take some more of the mounts etc soon but right now i'd say its about 90% done. Still needs front tow hooks( 4 Smittybuilt Zinc coated d rings showed up today as typing this, rated for something like 4.75 tons), going to drill a few large holes through the top of the skid for appearance reasons and possibly paint the skid a darker grey and of course order a winch soon I hope. Thinking end of February since I still need to get my 4.56 gears installed and finish the rear bumper and rock sliders

Don't judge the hellas facing towards the heavens right now haha, just haven't adjusted them yet. I also have the oem front bumper, the metal for the rear bumper and 200 pounds of salt bags(2wd ice problems) in the box so usually she does sit a little more taller in the rear(rake for the win)

TheFutur

Adventurer
Looks like you're running wheel spacers up front, any concern about the extra strain on the suspension and steering components?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles