Exploring Washington's Naches and Cascade Mountains Video

lgrt

Adventurer
Had a little time to get away so pulled together the team and headed over the mountain pass following the historic Naches Wagon Trail and than wonder around the east side of the mountains.

And let's face it... nothing better than rich coffee, good friends and a little fun when out exploring.

exploring natches and cascades

AaronK

Explorer
Looks like a fun trip...minus the glass incident. Is the east end of the trail still re routed around the washout?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

lgrt

Adventurer
We jumped off at the end of the wagon trail (#684) at it's intersection with FR1913 heading back to Greenwater 7038 to 7036 to 7030 and eventually FR70. No washout rerouting was encountered.

And as far as the broken glass incident... nothing a little gorilla tape can't fix out in the field.
toyota bj60 duct tape rear window repair.jpg

Last edited:

wADVr

Adventurer
Nice trip. I passed you guys right after the Naches Wagon Trail sign in the meadow in my silver JKU. Was a great day to be on that trail without dust!

lgrt

Adventurer
Was a great day to be on that trail without dust!
Nice JK. We ran the opposite direction the week before in the 100 degree temp and dust flying everywhere... No Dust was a big plus :)

i do this path all the time, i love it.
This loop has become one of our favorites. different terrains, great views, and you can cover a bunch of miles while staying off the black top!!!

ohanacrusader

Adventurer
Awesome video and even helped us fuel our desire to live in Washington. More overlanding options and better cost of living now just need to find the hard part employment.

lgrt

Adventurer
I don't know about that better cost of living thing :) but the exploring options that are available here are amazing. WABDR, Naches, Olympic Mountains... just some of our favorites.

just eric

Adventurer
I don't know about that better cost of living thing :) but the exploring options that are available here are amazing. WABDR, Naches, Olympic Mountains... just some of our favorites.

Curious where in the Olympics you like to explore.

jhberria

Adventurer
I need to hit Naches now that I'm a permanent resident of Washington. Just Eric, I've hit the Olympic Peninsula almost every weekend for the past two months and can offer up a few good areas to check out, if you're interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online