2007 F-250 expo/SAR rig

Sark9kev

Figured I'd start my build thread. After our Jeep died. We got this 2007 Ford F250. Since its replacing our jeep, and we used the jeep for K9 SAR and anything else. Hauling dogs seemed like a good place to start. Here's what we started with on our first outing in the new truck. photo (1).jpg

The next thing was a camper shell, ladder rack, and a way for the dogs and us to get in and out of the bed without having to jump. We settled on a ARE shell, with sportsman side windows, and a tailgate ladder I found at tractor supply. We took it up for install after waiting two months, and they forgot to put the rack on. So at a later time we will get that done. We have a 14 ft jon boat that will live on the ladder rack, assuming the measurements were correct. photo 2 (3).jpg

Finally, the dog crates. We have three dogs, two are search and rescue. We had two goals, keep enough room to sleep in the truck, and fit all three crates in the bed. There is a small space to put feet, but it works. photo 3 (1).jpg

This is the beginning. I will post updates as I get them done. Next will be a small lift and tires. then a rear swing out tire carrier/ outboard carrier.

Rockaway

I like it. Trucks are very versatile for each owner. Including the pups is always a great place to start. Keep us posted. Best of luck!!!

Sark9kev

Took it out for it's initial dog mobile duty trip for a weekend of training at Grand Canyon. Good times were had by all. First trip in the truck beyond a day trip in this truck. Since we had been doing all our travels in our jeep, it was very odd/ nice to not have one single vehicle issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles