So 4wheelparts, Stockton, CA wouldn't touch my 06 Montero

FullMonte

Adventurer
Well here’s the long story short, 4wheelparts in Stockton, CA sold me ARB Front and Rear lockers, with a free air compressor and said they would install the parts. The guy who sold it to me said my 06 Montero would be the “first in the nation” to have this installed at 4wheelparts.

Once, I bought the parts, the mechanics kept my vehicle for a week and decided not to have anything done to Montenegro. They didn’t want to mess it up was their reasoning and also had various other excuses..

Luckily my mechanic referred me to Escalon Transmission, where they welcomed this job with open arms. So Montenegro has ARB Front and Rear lockers with an ARB compressor...The First in the Nation!!uploadfromtaptalk1440828546637.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440828568600.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1440828654778.jpg

montypower

Adventure Time!
You'll want to sleeve (rubber hose) the air line and fully wrap it anywhere near heat and any attachment points. Line routing will make all the difference on reliability.

I'd pay to have 4WP stay away from my truck! Those guys have no idea what they are doing.

BTW: 3rd in the Nation. :)

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Az crew has at least 15 locked front and rear Monteros, i guess only 5 are ARB front and rear and the rest are Aussie, detroit, welded. Although 4WP doesnt install anything for us ever! Never ever!

FullMonte

Adventurer
You'll want to sleeve (rubber hose) the air line and fully wrap it anywhere near heat and any attachment points. Line routing will make all the difference on reliability.

I'd pay to have 4WP stay away from my truck! Those guys have no idea what they are doing.

BTW: 3rd in the Nation. :)
Haha!! Yes, but am I the first 2006 Montero? *smokes* You didn't change your mind about selling your Montero yet food you??

Thanks for the info! It's on already but I'll ask the guys!

Last edited:

montypower

Adventure Time!
Have you watched videos of the Rubicon? You should have a good idea of what to expect. It is rock crawling. There is no limit to damage possible.

You should check the air lines yourself. Know your vehicle. Buy some rubber hose and wrap the line (especially near the exhaust manifold). Don't rely on shops. When you are stranded in the middle of nowhere it won't matter what someone said they did.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Dodged a bullet with 4wp's that's for sure. The only thing they ever did for me was install one new tire, and they screwed that all up. They are really bad.

Marutuk

KK6WFB
On a side note here, you guys really find that lockers are a great help on a gen 3? I have been considering it, but they are quite pricey. :/

Marutuk

KK6WFB
Been using my '03 on a large variety of terrain, but haven't really had a real need for lockers yet (except for some snowy / icy hill climb last year, but still managed). ARB lockers do look to be the best solution, not sure about aussie lockers and such however. For now I'll keep it on my "to do" list ;)

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
There are few other options- if you have a later model with traction control but no LSD, you can retrofit the lsd from an earlier unit. it is a helical gear type, so it works really well with the traction control. Some markets came with a factory rear locker (LSD when unlocked) and the same gasoline V6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94