4x4 Ford/Quigley van in Portland

DieselFreak

Adventurer
Your right, very hard to believe a 9 year old cargo van has only 26K. I wonder what Carfax says. The previous gen Ford Super Duty and E series vans have instument clusters that can be easily switched out with low-mileage units from a junkyard.

I looked at a 2005 F250 superduty 4x4 once, it was advertised as only having 70K original miles. But that truck drove like it had 200K miles on it. Front end was totally worn out. Had evidence of a collision repair and re-spray in the engine compartment as well. Carfax was clean. I can only guess that the cluster was switched at some point. Great learning experience for me, dodged a bullet on that one. Buyer beware.

toymaster

Explorer
While it may be hard to believe it could be possible. I have a 2003 F550 with (12 yrs old) with 39K on it. I would not trust the advertisement at face value. I'd have to look the van over in person. 100% a person could get an idea of the true mileage by inspection and test drive.

A

agavelvr

Carfax is frequently a joke. I had a car that was "totaled" by the insurance company because the repair cost exceeded their acceptable ratio. I accepted the total, bought it back for cheap, and invested the payout check in having it fixed at the shop that put the estimate together. Two years later, nothing on the carfax, including the salvage title status. I eventually sold it, informing the buyer of the history and providing pictures and invoice for the repairs. Nothing beats an in person inspection or advice from a trusted mechanic.

86scotty

Cynic
It's been flagged already, but my 1995 has 43k on it, and had 19k on it when I bought it about two years ago. It's certainly possible for anything to have low miles. Keep the faith.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94