Overland 1.8 RTT

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I have an AutoHome Rooftop tent, Overland 1.8 model. Sells new ~$2500. Used it a few times and had a back injury, unused the last few years now. I found a small pop up camper I want..

It has new unused awning support poles and a new storage cover in box. It does have a soft spot under one hinge, would need a half sheet of 3/4" plywood to repair. Couple hour job..

The original mattress is garbage so I just used an inflatable, much more comfortable.

Currently stored in my sons garage near Ft Dix in NJ, would need to view it there.

$1300 for a quick sale.. please PM.

DSC_1491.jpg

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
Whoa!!!! I'm local and I've been looking for an Overland for a long long long time and this comes up when I finally get an RTT!!!

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I guess I found the right price point, lots of interest here and on CL. I have it advertised on CL for $1500.

I missed the local Kamparoo I wanted but this is still for sale. Will consider a trade for a small popup.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Had a PM on this.. so lets bump it for a last chance sale as is.

I'll let this go at asking price in the next few weeks, if I still have it i'll be replacing both floor halves with Baltic Birch 3/4". Price will go up after, PM if you have an interest.

I'd be interested in working a trade/sale for a small pop up camper.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
2 sheets of Baltic Birch has been ordered.. pulling this off the market till after an upcoming trip.

Did you look at Okoume plywood. A lot lighter, also I think 3/4" is way to thick. Baltic Birch is going to be heavy! Nice tent by the way.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Did you look at Okoume plywood. A lot lighter, also I think 3/4" is way to thick. Baltic Birch is going to be heavy! Nice tent by the way.

I did not. Awhile back I asked the community for the best replacement material, most suggested the Baltic Birch 13ply. Which I ordered.. and not what I received.

So, I'd like to fix and sell this RTT once and for all.. what material should I opt for?

Sorry for the late reply Gear.. I don't often visit these parts much anymore.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
I did not. Awhile back I asked the community for the best replacement material, most suggested the Baltic Birch 13ply. Which I ordered.. and not what I received.

So, I'd like to fix and sell this RTT once and for all.. what material should I opt for?

Sorry for the late reply Gear.. I don't often visit these parts much anymore.

No problem on the late reply. I just happened to see this thread again. I would call around and see if you can find some Okoume and match the thickness of the existing baseplate. I would also consider replacing both sides for a clean match. I wish you where closer I think that is a great tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior