Honeymoon Revisited: Eight-Days in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado

joelwho

Adventurer
Fantastic trip and report! Thanks for sharing. And congratulations!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keylay

Adventurer
Congrats on 31 years! My wife and i are about 28 years away from that mark. I hope we do something neat like this soon!

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Great thread and great topic. I'll be taking my wife... and son... and parents out to Ouray next week to hit some of the shorter/closer trails. Hopefully, we have as much fun as it looks like you had! Who knows... maybe I'll be comparing pictures from this trip to a new trip, years down the road.

DVD

Adventurer
Thanks again for all the congrats. Hope you have a great time, Lumpskie!
The biggest surprise was that the same "Welcome to Colorado Mining Country" sign exists 31 years later (well, it looked to be repainted). I again had to cover up the "Wo" so that the photo showed "Men in Mining."
Well, maybe a bigger surprise that we've lasted 31 yrs.
It was a trip full of surprise and wonder; even the Land Rover ran great the entire trip :smiley_drive: !

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Thanks again for all the congrats. Hope you have a great time, Lumpskie!
The biggest surprise was that the same "Welcome to Colorado Mining Country" sign exists 31 years later (well, it looked to be repainted). I again had to cover up the "Wo" so that the photo showed "Men in Mining."
Well, maybe a bigger surprise that we've lasted 31 yrs.
It was a trip full of surprise and wonder; even the Land Rover ran great the entire trip :smiley_drive: !
So, where is that sign? Now you've got me wanting to stop by and check it out!

DVD

Adventurer
Ugh, made a change to Google-plus collections and now my photo links are gone. Will edit/fix, but not tonight.

Fixed. Lesson learned: Don't mess with Google Photos settings after setting links to the photos.

Last edited:

aek50

Adventurer
Looks like a fantastic trip. Love the bed in the back of the truck. Really shows the utility factor of the LR3 along with the air suspension.

DVD

Adventurer
I'm glad you appreciate the trip report, jillquinn1992.
I see you are new to the site, and I can assure you that if you keep reading this site, you will see many, many additional amazing and beautiful adventure reports from around the world. I've seen and read about some amazing sights in Vietnam as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles