Eliminating DEF from a FUSO

dlh62c

Explorer
Would installing a propane or methane injection system help keep the exhaust gas temps up and in turn keep the DPF clean?

It's interesting that you brought that up.

RV tour companies that operate from the U.S. and run tours into Mexico recommend not using later diesel vehicles with DPFs for short around town trips once you get there. They recommend running them as much as possible pulling or carrying a load in an attempt to keep the exhaust gas temperatures up.

roamingbeast

greenhorn
The DPF is something like a catalytic converter. this was used on diesels up to 2008. on these diesels the filter had to be removed and cleaned when they plugged up. so they installed a DEF system which is a injector and igniter upstream from the DPF this system is activated by a timer with a pressure differential over ride when the DEF starts it burns the particulates in the filter so there is no need to remove the filter for cleaning. So by removing the DEF system you must have a way of cleaning the DPF. If you remove both systems the ECM would have to programmed to accept that change. In the U.S. this is not easy to do because of the EPA laws I'm sure you could find a mechanic who would do this but their not going to advertise this service.

Mr Rehab

Traveller
Would installing a propane or methane injection system help keep the exhaust gas temps up and in turn keep the DPF clean?

I don't know about propane injection but I sometimes felt like using a flamethower to get those DPF temps up good and proper....:campfire:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz