Sony RX100 iv, Anyone have one yet? I just pulled the trigger on one.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I just ordered a Sony RX100 iv and wondered if anyone here has tried one yet. On my motorcycle and mountain bike trips, I find I keep using my Sony 4K action cam for stills more than video...which is silly. So, I thought I might as well give the RX100 a go.

By the way...anyone want to buy a mint condition Canon G12 on the super cheap?

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I don't own one, but I'm glad you're about to, as it is a very interesting camera. Please let us have your opinions once you form them, as they'd make a difference to my plans.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
I was interested in the rx100 iii, but I chose the canon g7x due to the 24-100 lens, I wanted the 75-100 reach. It also had some really nice features, like touch to focus in video, and useful menus. The images are great and so is the video. Not 4k though.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
It's a good little shooter. This from last week.

DSC00332_zpsobrfmtws.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Christophe, do you use the pop up view finder? does it seem durable? Did you shoot this photo (below) with that camera?
it's an awesome photo on many levels!

DSCF1041%20-%20Version%202_zpse55sieto.jpg

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I do use the pop up viewfinder and it does seem sufficiently durable. It does make the shooting efficiency way better for most shots. The pop up flash...looks wimpy, but I don't use it. Ever.

I didn't take the shot above with the Sony. That was shot with a Fuji XT1 at 140mm (200mm equivalent) at 2.8. I could have come pretty close with the Sony at 75mm at 2.8ish. Both cameras have excellent DOF with good bokeh on both.

My favorite part of the Sony is the ease of use. It has very complex shooting modes which have been made very accessible to the user. Great camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles