PICTURE THREAD: Post up your Mobile HAM setups

murphy744

Adventurer
FT8800, with the body under the drivers side seat, external speaker mounted under the dash, and a Larson 2/70 on a fender mount.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 90

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
I just got the tyt 9800 so far so good. I like the cross band repeat. Now I can hit my local 2m repeater (28 miles away) from inside the house on my uv5r. I haven't played with the 10 or 6 meter bands yet.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

tck4x4

Installed the TYT TH-9800 in the 4runner. I just bent some sheet metal and hung it over the passenger cup holder. The antenna is a mag mount Tram UHF/VHF. Set up works great on 70cm and 2m. Will even work on 6m local repeater, I have not tried the 10m band.
Ham1.jpgHamAnt.jpg

I just got the tyt 9800 so far so good. I like the cross band repeat. Now I can hit my local 2m repeater (28 miles away) from inside the house on my uv5r. I haven't played with the 10 or 6 meter bands yet.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

i like the crossband, comes good on 6 meter, the otter day was able to talk to some truker's on the road in channel 18 on cb to was a little surprise.

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
FINALLY! got my quad band radio and charging ports mounted up in the panel I designed. I needed to do some final fitting and trimming, but it turned out awesome!
attachment.php

1 12 volt outlet, 1 volt meter (center), and 2 USB charging ports, plus a ham radio. I'd say its a job well done!

Attachments

• Faceplate Mount.jpg
    Faceplate Mount.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 159
  • image_7663.jpg
    image_7663.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 157

Dillon

dome light
Yaesu FT-8800. Radio is mounted under the dash, faceplate at the bottom of the center console.

radios2.jpg

The antenna is a Larson NMO270B mounted directly to the roof.

ant1.jpg

trd

Observer
Great combination. Central US to the East Coast Daily while mobile, and band tuned > 1sec

attachment.php

Where can you purchase this antenna system? I can only find the manufacturer webpage but no purchase options.

malibubts

Adventurer
I just finished the install of my Icom 2730A in my Ram. I mounted the radio body underneath the driver seat, with the radio head on a ProClip mount made for the truck. I had a local company install an NMO mount for $35, well worth the money not having to drill the roof myself.

ML3RDQi.jpg

HcgALoO.jpg

QfioOqy.jpg

aearles

Observer
I just finished the install of my Icom 2730A in my Ram. I mounted the radio body underneath the driver seat, with the radio head on a ProClip mount made for the truck. I had a local company install an NMO mount for $35, well worth the money not having to drill the roof myself.

Looks familiar! I wish someone would have done my NMO for $35, that headliner was a hassle!
Photo%20Apr%2013%2C%2020%2014%2014.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2013%2C%2018%2020%2020.jpg

Photo%20Dec%2006%2C%2019%2015%2027.png

malibubts

Adventurer
Looks familiar! I wish someone would have done my NMO for $35, that headliner was a hassle!

Nice Power Wagon, those are some impressive machines! Originally the shop quoted 1 hour at $70, which was still a steal, but they got in done in 30 minutes. I don't think they dropped the headliner much, if at all. I originally picked up a fender mount since I figured most shops would charge an arm and a leg to do the install. In the end the fender mount did not fit as advertised and I called around to some shops, wish I would have just done that first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz