flip-back build

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Got tired of these bouncing around in the back..and was inside the flip tent checking things for the weekend..

d51227d8cbfc2eea4222fa6d5974d5ec.jpg
3e55248a2e03bfe524d73168617917c7.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Spent the weekend at AEP RECREATIONAL lands.... Great campsites!! And free!!

522b9143a0281c60eb12d7ac0034b027.jpg
ba510cf4b079a14fed9d86f4bae2519c.jpg

Kids had fun in the bunks and playing games with dad!
0b23cdc341241ea16324cf565d47196f.jpg
8ad05e2b4ccd28c429e5d32997b1b35c.jpg
8c36c902e43018f213f6f1e2da4bf75e.jpg

75419760a700bcb819fbe2f83211bdcd.jpg

Helped cook and my oldest learned to build and tend and take down a fire!!

485b937a13d4e2dfc0f27dcfe32f4a0b.jpg
a238eec19b3429261975fff11bc548e3.jpg
a0aaee092bd9f0220653b8f2f3b96ebc.jpg
c293babe71e14065e8df35caed62696a.jpg

Hammock heaven
f0b7cb2c7e82e87885554e83f878a0b6.jpg
13cf661847116f6907345e6d994bdf0e.jpg
ffed9852db2d10d38ae5a7ffd66307aa.jpg

Tent did amazing!!! Even with 4 in the back with 2 trucker fans we stayed cool!! Twins reported they could see stars thru the screen porch end when it was open!! My end was under a tree but next camp im excited to see what the new big end window offers as a view from the bunk!!

2 weeks I'm trying for a trip to upper peninsula!!

BOPOH

Explorer
great pics! i'm glad it worked good! Can you tell me more about AEP rec. land with free camping? Do i need to pay any membership fees or is it during certain time is free? do you stop for camp anywhere you want?

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
great pics! i'm glad it worked good! Can you tell me more about AEP rec. land with free camping? Do i need to pay any membership fees or is it during certain time is free? do you stop for camp anywhere you want?
All sites are free and first come first serve..just print out the permit..

Iirc there are over 300 sites across many campgrounds..

https://www.aep.com/environment/conservation/recland/

BOPOH

Explorer
I searched all over their website and i found only 2 maps with camp sites, not very informative though. Do you have any more details?

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
the rec area is a donation from AEP along with The Wilds safari park land from what was an old strip mine..

the individual campsites almost always have water and a latrine...no showers....some campgrounds are closed in winter but I dont know which and when..There is dead down wood to use as firewood if your interested in harvesting it..

each site has a custodian that lives there taking care of the campground and manage day to day things..

all are accessable by 2wd vehicles and some sites are large enough for 30ft camper trailers.

many sites have fishing and canoe/kayak access but no swimming is allowed. there are hiking and mountain bike trails around the area and miles and miles of gravel roads with views and wildlife to see...hunting is also allowed in the area so heads up and personal safety precautions should be taken during seasons.

camps are generaly 50ft apart at least so your not packed in like sardines...and everyone is very curtious and we didnt see anyone get rowdy or loud after hours...we DID see the SHERRIFF make rounds each night and Mary claims she saw him walking around the campground with his flashlight in the middle of the night..

felt very safe...alot of people were out lounging and we even left for about an hour with chairs and cooler out...we saw several other campers get up early and leave all day till dinner time with their tents and chairs setup at camp..I dont guess theres much issue of things being taken..

jsexton

Observer
the rec area is a donation from AEP along with The Wilds safari park land from what was an old strip mine..

the individual campsites almost always have water and a latrine...no showers....some campgrounds are closed in winter but I dont know which and when..There is dead down wood to use as firewood if your interested in harvesting it..

each site has a custodian that lives there taking care of the campground and manage day to day things..

all are accessable by 2wd vehicles and some sites are large enough for 30ft camper trailers.

many sites have fishing and canoe/kayak access but no swimming is allowed. there are hiking and mountain bike trails around the area and miles and miles of gravel roads with views and wildlife to see...hunting is also allowed in the area so heads up and personal safety precautions should be taken during seasons.

camps are generaly 50ft apart at least so your not packed in like sardines...and everyone is very curtious and we didnt see anyone get rowdy or loud after hours...we DID see the SHERRIFF make rounds each night and Mary claims she saw him walking around the campground with his flashlight in the middle of the night..

felt very safe...alot of people were out lounging and we even left for about an hour with chairs and cooler out...we saw several other campers get up early and leave all day till dinner time with their tents and chairs setup at camp..I dont guess theres much issue of things being taken..

Just avoid morel mushroom season at AEP. I made that mistake once. Packed, and people were less than courteous. Ymmv.

The rest of the year seems fine though. It's a great place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Just avoid morel mushroom season at AEP. I made that mistake once. Packed, and people were less than courteous. Ymmv.

The rest of the year seems fine though. It's a great place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just tell them I don't know which ones are safe and wish them happy hunting...I don't let folks bug me...if they are jerks I give the kids soda and candy and let them run hog wild..*evil grin*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior