Making our Ride-A-Long Events Better
Now that we have 1 event under our belt I would like to take this chance to improve things and deal with any problems while they are small….
So I would ask that any of you who were there or even if you weren’t but have some thoughts about the way information was given please please post up some comments…
All thought are welcome…
Here are some of my thoughts:
1) More advance publicity to get more passengers….2 weeks wasn’t enough
2) Be a real non-profit with insurance (this question was ask of me over the phone a number of times and I hope will be resolved very soon)
3) I need notes for my driver meetings so I cover the important topics briefly and not ramble
4) Quality radio comm….Ham radio front & rear of the pack to cover the entire distance, and have folks make sure their cb’s work well if that is what is being used….it is tough on the entire group when you can’t communicate clearly (hey let’s all be hams!!!!)
5) Beg someone on a dual sport bike to take all the pics so they can run ahead, let everyone pass then pass everyone to get ahead again :
Ok everyone else chime in with your ideas…..
cigar smoking, wilderness first responding, ham talking night nurse who is overland certified and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.....
now everyone say "so what where have you been lately?"