FS: Vehicle Dependent Expedition Guide, Second Edition, Soft Cover

Tymeryder

**SOLD** Very good condition except upper-right corner is slightly crumpled.

This is NOT the latest edition.

**SOLD** Price: $30 includes shipping to anywhere in CONUS via USPS Priority Mail.

Payment by PayPal – Personal Payment, from your PayPal balance and/or bank account. If you make your PayPal payment using a debit or credit card, or specify “goods and services”, there will be an additional 2.9% added to total cost (including shipping/insurance) to cover the PayPal fees.

20150803_075915 (Large).jpg20150803_075923 (Large).jpg20150803_075934 (Large).jpg

Last edited:

plh

Explorer
I'm interested. How much difference between this edition (2nd - 1998 I believe) and the latest (4th - 2015 I believe)? besides the additional 104 pages added to the newest edition.

Last edited:

Tymeryder

Hi,
I'm not quite sure how to best answer that question. From the exploringoverland.com website description:
Description from Desert Winds Publishing:

An expedition can be a half day exploring a hill track near home, two weeks off-road in Turkey or the Pyrenees, a major journey in Africa, or a development, aid or research project in a remote area. The demands are similar.

Work or pure adventure, every expedition needs planning, selection, training and reliability as its ethos. To forty years’ expeditioning experience has been added a cumulative five years’ concentrated research to produce and later revise this book – shipping, equipment, clothing, fuels, oil, communications, vehicles, driver training and navigation are dealt with, distilled and summarised.

The 2013 third edition of VDEG was a major update and sold out in 11 months. This fourth edition, further updated and considerably expanded, is enhanced by contributions from Jonathan Hanson - widely experienced traveller, establishing editor of the US Overland Journal, host to the respected overland-tech-travel website and ever-expanding Overland Expo event in two major US locations. Added to the book also is a detailed study of the genesis of a sensible, exemplar world-travel expedition vehicle – an invaluable contribution, beamed in from Africa (and South America) from tech guru (and gureuse!) Marcus and Julie Tuck.

But the book is still only a guide; an early-2015 snapshot of the ever-changing, ascending technology and spiral of ideas that ignite overland travel. The final arbiter for your expedition plans will be you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier