Looking at a '06 LR3/Discovery 3

Jason911

Adventurer
Found a interesting possible deal on a '06 LR3, with every option except Nav and 3rd row seating, blue w/tan interior, 30k original miles, never driven in the winter. Never having been a Landy owner - always a GM or Jeep driver - what should I look at for possible issues with a 9-10 year old Land Rover. Appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

StreetsofCompton

Adventurer
I'm clearly no expert on this topic as I've been seeking all kinds of advice on LR3's around here. BUT, after having looked at the CL post just now, I'd be jumping all over it. Especially if the lack of 3rd row seating is no big deal to you. Hard to imagine a 9yr old truck only has 30k miles... wow! Again, I cant speak for any possible issues, but I wouldn't think you'd be looking out for too much given its seemingly gentle history.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Man, 30k 2006.... that thing needs to be checked out by a rover tech. on the one hand that's no miles, on the other has it had ANY fluids changed ever, filters, etc ? Could be water condensation in things where it shouldnt be where you cannot see it simply from sitting never ran at 100% temp very often or not in several years now.

I'd want to see real history of the miles. 30k could be all in 2007 or 3000/year every year since bought. My mom drives less than that now, BUT when she does go out, it's like a 50-100 mile 2 lane highway round trip with only one stop/restart. Only running errands in town would be less good for the systems.

Really, price is the answer. Everything is good at the right price ;) I'd still call an '06, and '06. Especially because there are definitely some things to replace on an '06 and with those low miles, I would be surprised if ANY item has been replaced. So you'll get to do all of them in the next 70k ;)

Jason911

Adventurer
No 3rd row seat is of no concern for me. The truck hasn't been driven much in the last 2 years - something to the tune of once per month. Only service it has seen has been oil changes, and the mileage is accurate. Apparently it was driven about 9k a year for the first 2 years of ownership - purchased new - and has been languishing since. He has "some sort of Jaguar"(his words) that he likes and drives more. I've got his phone number and contact info, but it sounds as if it may already have a purchaser. $14,500.00 is the asking price....

Jwestpro

Explorer
Stay in touch with it, the other thing could fall through. Tell him you're serious, etc. Sounds reasonable on history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior