AEV Prospector first drive

haven

Expedition Leader
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/09/aev-hits-pay-dirt-with-ram-25003500-prospector.html

Pickuptrucks.com reports on their experience driving a Ram pickup equipped with AEV's Prospector accessories at an off-road park in Southern California. AEV offers many spring rates, so you can maintain (or increase) the load rating of your truck to match your intended use.

The Prospector package is sold through Ram dealers, so you can bundle the accessories into the purchase price of the truck, and maintain the factory warranty. Use this link to find a dealer that works with AEV

http://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/prospector

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/09/aev-hits-pay-dirt-with-ram-25003500-prospector.html

Pickuptrucks.com reports on their experience driving a Ram pickup equipped with AEV's Prospector accessories at an off-road park in Southern California. AEV offers many spring rates, so you can maintain (or increase) the load rating of your truck to match your intended use.

The Prospector package is sold through Ram dealers, so you can bundle the accessories into the purchase price of the truck, and maintain the factory warranty. Use this link to find a dealer that works with AEV

http://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/prospector

Looks great! Their wheels fit the 3rd gens but in my case the built in hubcaps would have to be bored out to accommodate my Dynatrac hubs.

John E Davies

Adventurer
Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh? My local Ram dealer (Barton) is an AEV dealer and they have one on order. I would love to test drive one. I've spent time crawling around several AEV Wranglers, and the engineering and build quality is stellar.

http://www.bartonjeep.net/new/Ram/2016-Ram-3500-d5523d580a0a00de2156c8ac16a71c12.htm

I wish they would offer their parts for the Gen 3 trucks, I really don't want to give up my 2006 Cummins for the emissions headaches of the new ones, but this truck might convince me. They even have a 5 inch snorkel with pre filter available!

Add a truck camper and it would be a hell of an expedition rig. Exceptionally cool looking also;)

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

Viggen

Just here...
A fool and his money...
AEV Prospector
Package Contents

AEV Premium Front Bumper
AEV HD 3" DualSport SC Suspension
AEV Katla or Salta HD Wheels
AEV Badging
AEV Instrument Cluster
AEV Logo Headrests
AEV Serialized Build Plaque
AEV Anti-Glare Decal
Painted Grille and Rear Bumper

Starting at $13,925

Seriously?

OCD Overland

Explorer
Only the first three of those items are meaningful, and you can get them for $5,200 total. Maybe I've missed something, but it seems like you're paying and extra $8,700 for fluff.

John E Davies

Adventurer
Only the first three of those items are meaningful, and you can get them for $5,200 total. Maybe I've missed something, but it seems like you're paying and extra $8,700 for fluff.

Fluff equals OEM equivalent, professional installation, 36 month AEV warranty, and it can be financed with the new truck purchase.

You are also paying for extensive R and D... I expect the prices will drop eventually.

Yes it is expensive. All their stuff is ..... Have you looked at their other vehicles? AEV is not for everybody, you need to have money and want to not deal with hassles.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:

Viggen

Just here...
Fluff equals OEM equivalent, professional installation, 36 month AEV warranty, and it can be financed with the new truck purchase.

You are also paying for extensive R and D... I expect the prices will drop eventually.

Yes it is expensive. All their stuff is ..... Have you looked at their other vehicles? AEV is not for everybody, you need to have money and want to not deal with hassles.

John Davies
Spokane WA
Where does it say installation is included in the price? Curious as I have never seen it. Glad they warrantee those thousand dollar decals and logo head rests.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
I wonder what the suspension is priced out at. For that price I'd keep the wheels, tires, bumper and throw a bunch of Carli goodies on.

daveh

Adventurer
Where does it say installation is included in the price? Curious as I have never seen it. Glad they warrantee those thousand dollar decals and logo head rests.

Installation is included in the package prices. All package prices that are found on AEV's website and are installed at AEV include the install. Labor would only be a factor if installing parts purchased as separate items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hollaback55

Explorer
Prices never drop for AEV stuff. The only reason to go this route is for resale value. Most people and dealers will give you more money for your truck or jeep if it has an AEV build number. A "do it yourself" build won't net you the same return on resale.

Better off buying the parts and doing the install yourself. I'd also go with Carli suspension instead of the spacer lift and shocks from AEV. I have had 2 AEV jeeps and loved them but the pricing for the prospector package is a joke imo. If they included the hood, snorkel and rear bumper with a tire solution then maybe but you'll spend another 3k or so to get those items. All of it should be easily installed by the "do it yourself" crowd.

John E Davies

Adventurer
The package prices are MSRP for modified brand new trucks ordered through your AEV dealer. Obviously that is including labor and warranty. They deliver a turnkey expedition vehicle to your dealer, that you can take anywhere without having to go to the aftermarket for lift, tires, bumpers, etc. it's a very attractive way to buy a truck but it is expensive, no doubt about it.

Google "AEV Brute Hemi" if you want some interesting reading.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

kmcoop7

Observer
seriously

Seriously is right. I don't even think their suspension has any value? $1900 for a level kit? for that price you could get carli coils, and fox shocks. I think this AEV stuff is not even in the ball park? The stock coils on the RAM trucks are STIFF!

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I live in Missoula and have seen these beasts in person, and I've gotten to ride in the first Sema Ram on 40's. AEV is not inexpensive by any means, but they do offer high quality products. I just wish the suspension and differential covers were compatable with my 2012. I'm still on the fence about buying the bumper and wheels. AEV is a class act though- great people!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz