Jack of all Trades Avalanche Build Thread

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Amazing how great minds think alike...Mine too has a grille mounted scanner light. I have yellow and use it as a directional or hazard light. Blue is not allowed around here as it is considered law enforcement only. I kinda thought it was a little silly and had not mentioned it until you came out of the closet :) I do like it thought :)

Great truck BTW

HostileJava

Observer
Thanks for the comments!

Amazing how great minds think alike...Mine too has a grille mounted scanner light. I have yellow and use it as a directional or hazard light. Blue is not allowed around here as it is considered law enforcement only. I kinda thought it was a little silly and had not mentioned it until you came out of the closet :) I do like it thought :)

Great truck BTW

I don't plan on running blue, I just had it set to to that to test it cause the truck is blue, thanks for the heads up though. After reading the other Avalanche thread in this section, you truck has been part of where my inspiration has come from.

HostileJava

Observer
Secondary battery tray parts arrived today in the mail, got that installed and now I'm on the lookout for an isolator kit and a deal on a battery. Also got my 60" Hi Lift in the mail today.

IMG_20151008_183924047.jpg

IMG_20151008_201238880.jpg

HostileJava

Observer
Did a quick "trail repair" this weekend on the battery hold down. In quotes because I wasn't really on the trail, just didn't feel like running for parts. I was doing some work, removed the battery and when attempting to bolt it back down the nut on the bottom of the tray that the wedge bolts to snapped it's tack welds, so I dug out an old tie down kit I had, drilled the tray to accept it, found the actual tie down bar missing and drilled out and bent a shelf bracket to work.

IMG_20151011_121146367_HDR.jpg

Just another reason I need a welder.

Also temporarily mounted my new hi-lift to the bed rack. I'd like to mount it inside the bed to the factory tie down points, but I need to find or fabricate some heavy duty mounts to bolt in.

IMG_20151011_132133491.jpg

HostileJava

Observer
Just picked up a DiabloSports intune2. I was able to adjust for tire size but there appears to be an issue with the 87 octane tune, every time I shifted it felt like the truck was going to shake apart. I have a ticket into there support to find out what the deal is.

HostileJava

Observer
Well after 3 weeks of working with Diablo I am pleased to say they finally got the shifting and custom tune issue worked out. If anyone else with an Avalanche 2500 buys one. You have to do the latest firmware update to the intune2 and talk to them about getting a tune with the shift firmness turned down, otherwise it's going to feel like your being rear ended every time you shift.

Two little things added this weekend. After doing the drive from PA to FL and back I have added a cargo net folded in half and run behind the rear seats for the kids to store gear and also added a 12v accessory socket with flush usb charger to the back of the rear console for easy backseat access for charging kids electronics.

IMG_20151121_154433487.jpg

IMG_20151121_154413483_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151121_154419975.jpg

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Nice. I like the cargo net idea. I have a spare in the garage looking for a home. Might just try that. THX
My dog seems to think she needs to move forward with her paws on the center console sometimes. That would help remind her that she is to ride in the back laid down :)

HostileJava

Observer
Thanks. The cargo net I also had laying around from another vehicle and after seeing another thread was going to try to attach it to the ceiling. But there is no good anchor point on the drivers side front. After playing around with layout for a bit I decided on the current location. I would still like to add one to the ceiling for storage but I'm probably going to have to drop the headliner at some point to figure out how to create a good attachement point.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Good looking Avalanche there Hostile. Henry J has al you need to know about a good build for your rig....:wings:

HostileJava

Observer
Installed a steering stabilizer over the holiday's. Bracket was already there from the factory. I wasn't sure, but it does feel like it makes a difference, like the tires aren't being pushed in the direction of every bump in the road.

wogZK8FKL5eva6Lr7VGJrHDXD6vmAr7J1yvvNRB_z3mkvYAsbLNedybnkEBkzSvfHN1MIAnRkrOJvmeheZzy9sK0Wd9UoxDjAovaLFGcWHgchA8SvY2sbqUqYlXaCMtqFKKEgnDtVXprvnPcn4Q8Ya8_vT0QvcNt6EFVe30UjsnhYnYiLrUzQYv3WMaHZxmwJxZ9n-ShaalTbWBFZsBbwV657DxGG6Wshtoxwd6249iY_G4pzVW9VD6l7VexjpxzQjcPIxoD5Avxc6f4njIege1meO5ugpar3aZ-p6sfeudhcoSUX1023S_pvInUKVO6cF1Tr1gnfQZFfPmQN715DNoR0YJ0H_BHhmAOLmjp0a6jH7Tg5PoI8lNR8mGgSHFDoGybPOdU5_x9LMDEjdFd_EZ40X9aXsqDr-qXMky2w-eGKU7gjMiTNyFHD7Tc05oOz6esmgwEEr0ZNcoz5nea3FdnQ07WgOruU7ALpdGix3fqMp54IaKB6-0kYBWE98C7mdi7EKIwQJCCCyLZfwbveaQVSlvRVxuUaddI7DOxZ2OjZ5DH_wsTTZAwVYAjFFT-fDwaYg=w549-h731-no

HostileJava

Observer
Not really anything to do with the build, but a shot from 2 weeks ago when we got almost 3 feet of snow in less than 24 hours.

IMG_20160124_085603827.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke