Thanksgiving in Death Valley

Been planning to do Thanksgiving at Briggs Cabin in Death Valley. No specific plans other then the big dinner at the mining camp. Like to hit a ghost town, some mines, and what ever trails we can. No real equipment requirements. Family friendly. Whos interested?

Other tentative upcoming trips;

Last week of March, First April 2016 --- Utah and Hole-N-The-Rock/ Moderate
July 1st-4th 2016 -- Silverton Colorado/ Easy
Late July Early August 2016 -- Sierra Carnage Dusy South/ Very Difficult
Late July Early August 2017 -- Sierra Carnage Sierras North Barrett to Fordyce/ Extreme
August 2020 -- Great Alaskan Expedition/ Extreme

PA_JERO

Adventurer
FullMonte is legit! One of the coolest dudes to wheel with. Can't wait to see what you do to the Gen 3 man.

Nothing firmed up yet, wanted to hear from others, if not waiting to see what work would do. For sure at the very least we would drive over Wednesday 11/25 and come back on Sunday 11/29. The question is do we add days to that earlier in the week, or just do the entire week? That is what we are trying to figure out. 3 Days wheeling is a little short for an 11hr drive, so we probably do want to add some days.

montypower

Adventure Time!
My girlfriend is checking schedule. She may get 25th through the 4th.

I'd like to get in some hiking / exploring. What are you thoughts and plan?

To be perfectly honest few plans yet, other then cook Thanksgiving dinner in Briggs Cabin.(has an oven, stove and showers) Thinking about another run at Cerro Gordo Ghost Town, we failed last time due to an amazing snow storm. Have to schedule a private tour. Otherwise maybe some trails and sites I just have not seen before...maybe more ghost towns, Racetrack....

Maybe we should just make it a Ghost Town theme, and hit trails and stuff in between. There are quite a few, and many I have not seen yet. Once we figure out how many days we can make a plan.

justcuz

Explorer
We were at the Warm Springs in Saline Valley last November 4-6. Folks said they were there early because Thansgiving there is a zoo. If El Niño makes an early appearance that could effect the attendance though.
Last year they had snow on Halloween, we went in the following Monday with very little left along the road in from Big Pine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles