1984 Land Rover Defender 90 200TDI

Howski

It's not been an easy decision but after some recent personal changes I've decided to part with my 1984 Land Rover 90. It has been registered and titled in Georgia since my acquiring it in 2012. It has been dead reliable and the “I’d drive it across country without worry” saying certainly applies. It rides great around town, on the highway (cruises around 70 comfortably) and on the trail. This is a very mechanically sound vehicle that would be an excellent vehicle to refresh or as a dedicated trail/camping rig, which I used it for.

Specs:
- 1984 Land Rover 'Defender' 90 Station Wagon (hardtop)
- Fitted with a more powerful 200TDi turbo diesel
- 5 speed LT77 gearbox
- Right hand drive
- Frame is in solid shape with new rear cross member installed prior to my purchase
- Manual steering box
- Old Man Emu (OME) shocks/springs provide a 2" lift over factory height
- 285/75/16 mud terrain tires
- Heavy duty steering components
- Differential guards (rear needs to be welded on)
- Rear disc brakes and 24 spline axle from a Discovery 1
- Fitted with a new rear door
- Timing belt replaced in late 2012
- Full poly bushing kit (currently installed only in rear suspension)
- New stereo with speakers mounted to the roof (see photos)
- Clutch Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder replaced in 2012/2013

Cons:Has rough paint (some call it patina). It was my trail rig and has several dings/dents as a result. Has newer style roll-up doors, however they will need to be repaired. Speedometer and odometer have been non-functioning since early 2013.

More Photos

$16,900

Only partial trades considered would be a for clean, lightly built D1 or RRC.

Located in Atlanta, Georgia.
Feel free to contact me for further photos or information.

Last edited:

Howski

Monday Bump. Feel free to contact me via PM with any questions.

Last edited:

Howski

I know the California emissions related CARB regulations are wonky and to the best of my knowledge it would, unfortunately, not be an easy ordeal. This is not an issue specific to my vehicle but all diesel Rovers and perhaps other vehicles as well. However, there are no issues registering it in the rest of the 49 states where registering is no issue.

Last edited:

Howski

Will consider reasonable offers. Have had several folks contact me with interest over the past few weeks but I need to part with it soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94