Charging 12v LiFePo4 battery bank from 24v alternator - Isuzu NPS

gait

Explorer
yup, I don't expect balancing to be an issue. I've forgotten my resistor size but the balancing current would be less than 70mA. Which is not a lot for a 300Ah cell. The decision to balance or not is in my software, not a separate BMS. Its not the most important part.

My project is really an integration exercise. Fewer (or at least differently organised) boxes and wires. I guess the journey started several years ago when I couldn't find an MPPT regulator with SOC monitoring. Being pedantic I also wondered why a proportion of chargers relied on absorption time to decide on "full" when measuring current for SOC also allows "full" to be differently defined.

LeishaShannon

Adventurer
My project is really an integration exercise. Fewer (or at least differently organised) boxes and wires. I guess the journey started several years ago when I couldn't find an MPPT regulator with SOC monitoring. Being pedantic I also wondered why a proportion of chargers relied on absorption time to decide on "full" when measuring current for SOC also allows "full" to be differently defined.

Makes sense. I had planned to something similar until Victron released the CCGX. Its a central control panel that runs linux and communicates with every Victron product including battery monitors, mppt controllers, and inverter/chargers. They give you root access if you want to develop on the device itself (I added MQTT support for example) or you can use the standard modbus-tcp protocol to interface with the system from a remote application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz