Zimbabwe, Zambia and Botswana 2015

Hi,

it has been another amazing 2 trips this year! As we decided to go professional now with all our experience, we took some people with us in our T3 Kombi Syncro...apart from the odd mechanical trouble we had an amazing trip! And even those troubles were a big part of the adventure!

1. A broken starter 10m away from a pride of lions eating a hippo!

2. a ripped front tyre because of a Mopane stump resulting in a wheel alignment like a plough, which we had to fix in a remote village in Zambia´s Sioma Ngwezi.

3. Had the bad idea to take the Northern route out of Lower Zambezi in that Syncro with a trailer! 80km, 8hrs, lots of rocks and hairy ascents!

4. Got stuck without petrol on the way to South Luangwa, had to hitchhike into the next town with a jerrycan and come back by truck.

5. lions around our ground tents at night just before the Central Kalahari.

6. When taking the old Hunters Road to Pandamatenga we got stopped by BDF coming out of the bushes with guns to warn us against poachers, advising to get back to tarmac to avoid getting into a crossfire!

And and and...it was an absolutely awesome trip!

MadBog

Hi! really nice pictures!
I'm planning a round the world trip with a T3 syncro and was thinking in picking up guests in some stages in order to meet people and help to finance the trip.
One question, where did you get that cool snorkel?? looks really pro.

Sitec

Adventurer
Fantastic pics there! I drove thru there years ago at the wheel of an overland truck. Hope to get back there in the next 10 yrs with my wife in our truck!! Safe travels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior