Can anyone use 1-1/4 and/or 1-1/2 inch nylon tube webbing?

LR Max

Local Oaf
Yeah I could use probably like, 15 yards of webbing. PM me with what you are thinking. Either one is fine, assuming it has a high working load.

FlyFishermen

Observer
Thanks for the interest guys.

Any preference on color? It is all mil spec. I was thinking a high-visibility color like yellow or orange would be good, black and dark greens may be easier to source though.

I don't know the load ratings, but it is high - id say 3-4000lbs. I will let you know.

LR Max

Local Oaf
Above 1,500lbs is all I'm looking for. So that is more than enough. Color, I could do earth colors or orange.

FlyFishermen

Observer
would make a good 'tree saver' sleeve for winching / recovery operations.

That is what wide double loop straps are for. I would think a winch line, even sleeved, would do more tree damage than a wide (2.5-3") strap, though less than a bare winch line/extension.

I should have some more information on colors and load capacities tomorrow or Tuesday.

FlyFishermen

Observer
Are there any colors that will not work for anyone?

Is orange ok for 1.5"?

My plan is to double layer the stuff - 1.25 inside, 1.5 outside. If I can get a high vis color 1.5 that would work best, but I can do without if someone has a strong objection.

More info to come..

Howard70

Adventurer
Hello Flyfishermen:

If possible I'd prefer an orange that was a bit muted - in other words not a neon orange. However, as I mentioned in a PM - you're doing the heavy lifting in this project so the final decision is yours! I'll still take 100' of each size regardless of color.

Howard

FlyFishermen

Observer
So it looks like black is the inly color right now in 1.25". I thought they had 1.5", seems easier to find, but next up is 2". Colors are royal blue, lime green, and red.

Breaking strength is 4000 on 1" and 7000 on 2", so 1.25 is higher than 4000.

Howard70

Adventurer
Hello Flyfishermen:

I'll take 100 feet of the 1.25, but I don't need any of the 2" (I already have quite a bit of 2").

Thanks,

Howard

FlyFishermen

Observer
Another note is that the spools arent necessarily 1 piece. There may be a few lengths on a spool. If anyone needs a continuous run a certain length let me know, all of the webbing Ill use will be cut small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94