KGH's LR4 Light Build Thread

Derel1cte

Adventurer
Good looking rover Kgh.

Just my two cents to complete the look:
- remove the chrome finisher strip along the bottom of the doors.
- paint the mirror caps flat black.
- paint the side intake grills and front grill surrounds to match the wheels. Paint the actual grill part black.
- sell the silver rear bumper finisher and replace it with a stock black one or have it painted to match the wheels.
- replace the LR4 badge with DISCOVERY, cause it's just better that way.

Other than that, looks pretty good. I preferred the kind of blinged out look with the silver wheels and roof rails it had when you bought it, but as long as you are going with an black and gunmetal look you should carry the theme through the whole truck.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Derel- great name BTW- all thoughts I have had. Time is enemy.

Does the chrome finisher just pull off?
What about chrome strip on tailgate?
Agree with mirror bits too!

We are in the midwest right now, rain turning to ice expected. Short drive to sister's for family deal, then bunker down back at hotel.

Staying at a Hilton, truck too tall for their garage, so they "rock star" parked it at entry of hotel under cover.

Derel1cte

Adventurer
Does the chrome finisher just pull off?
What about chrome strip on tailgate?

Yeah. The chrome strips along the doors and across the tailgate are just held on with some double sided 3M adhesive. You just be able to just peel them off. I would use a hair dryer or heat gun to warm them up before trying so that they come away cleanly and use some goo-gone to clean up any residue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles