I'm scared; transistion from 06' taco to 100 series, counsel me.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
We went from a modded double cab Tacoma to a '99 100 series. I far prefer the 100. You will too!

imagejpg5_zpsbf432175.jpg

nmatcek

Adventurer
I bought a brand new Chevy Colorado in 2008 and took it a lot of places and it treated me well. I swore I'd keep it forever but our last road trip with our 2 yo son had me looking for something larger and more comfortable, especially since we are planning on having another kid. I went and test drove a 2004 LC on a whim, not really planning on making the change just yet. I was blown away by the way it drove and the overall quality feel. I ended up trading my truck in the next week. It has almost double the miles my truck had and it's four years older yet it still drives soooo much better than my meticulously maintained truck did. I've been slapping on some mods and doing preventative maintenance and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

uploadfromtaptalk1442692893513.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Nice thread. I guess OP is online looking now for a cruiser. I like the way guys here have been so persuasive especially with those amazing pics. When I was in the market for a suv also, I thought of the LandCruiser, but could not afford pay for a newer model one with less miles. So, I looked more into Armadas and this is what i ended up with. And on my forum, there are some people with 300,000+ miles on their Armadas. I plan to take mine far too.

OP, I think you would love the cruiser over your Taco. These suvs have a lot of room.

My own teaser pics. (Not to sway you from the Landcruiser, though)

fChONKp.jpg

ClhLWkX.jpg

0rB0hPF.jpg

Willman

Great thread!

I too am making the change over to 80/100....

I sure miss my old Tacoma. Watching those Expedition Overland videos make me miss her even more.

wingysataday

Adventurer
I'm sold. I'm getting my taco professionally detailed this week and to craigslist it goes. I will also post it on here as well. Thanks guys for all your help. I might cry a little when my taco goes down the road one last time.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I might cry a little when my taco goes down the road one last time.

My wife and I were talking about her old Tacoma today while driving in the 100. She bought the Taco new, and drove it for 8 years. She was very sad to see it go, but she said "if we could get a brand new 100, I'd do it in a second".

wingysataday

Adventurer
Ok people. I called allstate today just curious. so my insurance will be going up!! This vehicle cost half as much as my Tacoma currently, I guess it costs more to fix. Anyways a
2000 landcruiser is an extra $110 every 6 months
2000 lx470 is only $71 extra every 6months.
99' landcruiser is 71$ extra every 6 months
99' LX470 is $84 extra every 6 months... So confusing...

Last edited:

Box Rocket

So strange that the 2000 LX insurance is so much cheaper. They are essentially identical, and if anything there are more parts prone to failure and needing to be fixed on the LX if you consider the AHC system. Sounds to me like you need to shop around on the insurance.

Scat Adams

Observer
Have you considered a GX470? I was in the market for a 100 series for a while and without question they are the absolute best suv on the market but I couldnt justify the extra cash and worse gas mileage over the lighter and cheaper gx. It also made it easier that there is about 10 GX's for sale compared to every 1 hundy. Anyways, they both drive very similarly with the GX having more power and the 100 having a little more comfort, of course the 100 is a tad bigger but not by much. Worst part is the swing gate with the GX which I got over quickly. If you do consider an older gx look for one without navigation as its a little slow and outdated.

Good luck, you cant go wrong either one!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
It seems like the gx470's are a bit more money than the hundy

And despite what others say, (99.9% of the time they are GX owners), they are NOT in the same league. The GX may get better fuel economy, but that is because they are significantly lighter duty. You would be best to drive and inspect both and see which suits your needs and wants better.

And despite what others say, (99.9% of the time they are GX owners), they are NOT in the same league. The GX may get better fuel economy, but that is because they are significantly lighter duty. You would be best to drive and inspect both and see which suits your needs and wants better.

Agreed. The gx is based off the land cruiser prado, which is a light duty version of the land cruiser(we don't get the prado)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz