The "Az Crew" Thread

Prescott

Observer
Order these coil spacers for the rear and crank your torsion bars in the front for a suspension lift

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001GH1PDC/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Or order a body lift

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/MonteroBodyLift.shtml

Thank you good sir!. Looking at that website I assume the best option is the D12 with upgraded Hardware. Also How many turns for the torsion bars? I remember on my blazer it was around ten but that was a completely different vehicle.

I think before anything I will look at options for a suspension life first though.

do both as the 93 doesn't have the factory body lift the 94- gen 2's have and go with the 3" BL and get then move on to getting some rock sliders and hit the junkyards for a locking rear end

Will do! Junkyard Day!

I like those factory wheels. Let's 3.0 turbo swap it!

Um, YES! Will I need custom manifold to do that or is there a stock version? Twin Turbo or even supercharger would be amazing. It would be sweet to find a V8 option. Im sure I could shoehorn a v8 in there. I'll research some more and measure but that may be an option for me.

Last edited:

RyanY

Adventurer
There's no specific amount to crank the torsion bars - it will depend on how much the rear is lifted, how much weight you've got on the vehicle, how tired your original torsion bars are, and how you want it to look. Crank the bars until it looks right to you, drive it for a while so everything can settle into it's new position, then re-adjust the bars if necessary. Soaking the adjusters with some penetrating oil ahead of time will make the adjusting process considerably easier.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Um, YES! Will I need custom manifold to do that or is there a stock version? Twin Turbo or even supercharger would be amazing. It would be sweet to find a V8 option. Im sure I could shoehorn a v8 in there. I'll research some more and measure but that may be an option for me.

Find a wrecked 90-94 3000GT or stealth RT/TT and get the engine, ecu, injector resistor and then toss a single 50 trim on a custom cross over pipe and you've got power.

Prescott

Observer
There's no specific amount to crank the torsion bars - it will depend on how much the rear is lifted, how much weight you've got on the vehicle, how tired your original torsion bars are, and how you want it to look. Crank the bars until it looks right to you, drive it for a while so everything can settle into it's new position, then re-adjust the bars if necessary. Soaking the adjusters with some penetrating oil ahead of time will make the adjusting process considerably easier.

Nice thanks for the heads up. I will see about doing that tomorrow night after work.

Find a wrecked 90-94 3000GT or stealth RT/TT and get the engine, ecu, injector resistor and then toss a single 50 trim on a custom cross over pipe and you've got power.

Sounds like I am going to the junkyard on Sunday.

I drove it home tonight and it was flawless. Cruise control at 80mph the entire 1 hour drive and not one problem. I need to get a few things for it but overall im very excited. Thinking after the junkyard on Sunday about hitting Apache lake or south mountain since im right at the base.

I know the options are limited and not everyone has experience with the 1993, but I was hoping to get some insight on what suspension lift is best.

CanyoneroAZ

You still planning on 1UZ swap?

It's just in the info gathering stage right now. Need to figure out all the wiring and such, since the '95 has a hybrid OBD system. OBD1 ECU, but an OBD2 plug. Not sure if/when I'll be able to pull the trigger on this since I've got to get a new DD and pull the Montero out of service.

Prescott

Observer
Im gonna hit the junkyard after work today. Going to try and find a roof rack and few other things. Anyone need me to keep on eye out for anything?

*nevermind they close at 5.

Senor Carey

Observer
Since you asked, a set of VW Recaros (any color) or E32/34 seats in good condition, PB or black. My sport seat's frame cracked.

Prescott

Observer
Since you asked, a set of VW Recaros (any color) or E32/34 seats in good condition, PB or black. My sport seat's frame cracked.

I'll see if there is anything there on Tuesday when I go.

Went up South Mountain and that was a bust. Probably gonna go bounce around northeast Phoenix on Tuesday after the junkyard. Scott hurry up and buy something lol

Last edited:

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Hey that's cool your over here. Adam, or somebody said you bought a new cherokee? Judging by post and your signature you have gotten rid of it already?

You need to get another mitsu dude.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Hey that's cool your over here. Adam, or somebody said you bought a new cherokee? Judging by post and your signature you have gotten rid of it already?

You need to get another mitsu dude.

Damn PAJ, why you gotta rub salt in that wound? :chef:

Don't worry Shovel, I bought a new rig too and it doesn't stack up to my Montero either but at least it's shaped like one and it's newer. Newer SUV's can't hang...but at least my new machine has a swing out rear door, hatchback SUV's don't like canoes on their roofs.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I've seen that one around here and there, I think it was sold recently and reposted on craigslist for the exact same price. I almost think the last buyer is running away from it. It is a Salvage title

Prescott, is this the one you test drove that had a bunch of electrical problems?

magoh76, you're in the right place. If you get really serious about a truck here i'm sure one of us would go give it a look over for you.

Prescott

Observer
If this isn't an appropriate thread, let me know. I'm not from AZ but I'm considering a 96 SR in Phoenix that I would fly in to purchase and drive home to OK. Wondering if any of you happen to be acquainted with this particular vehicle? Would anyone be interested in checking it out for me? http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/5242763889.html

Im not sure what it is exactly you are looking for but the pictures got me too, as I went to look at this one. Exterior is not bad but it has its fair share of problems. I assume since you would be flying in, you are looking for a fairly clean example and if that is the case I would reconsider this one. Here are some of the real low points i didnt want to deal with:

1. Driver side door wont open from the inside. Probably just disconnected from the lever but it irritated me.
2. The interior of the truck is FILTHY! He spent probably 2 years with multiple kids destroying the interior and about 0 minutes cleaning it before sale.
3. The electrical. This was the worst of all. Maybe in part because I hate electrical work but the demons in this one was terrifying. Driving down the road and randomly the dome light would flash on for about 3 seconds and go off. The dash lights were hinky as they would flash as well. There were a few more terrible electrical things but you get the idea.
4. It shifted like a tractor- My wife reminded me of this one. She wasnt a fan.

He did not seem like he really wanted to sell it. If I would have offered anything for it, it would have been close to about 1400. I didnt waste my time.

When I went hunting for mine I wanted the cleanest, most stock one that hadnt been molested, so I didnt have to fix everyone elses problems. This one has a lot of problems. Thats my .02 cents. Good luck in your search.

As a reference you can see the one I ended up buying on page 3 of this thread. He wanted 2900 and I got it for 2200. There are much cleaner examples than the one you posted. Personally I would wait, especially since you are willing to fly to pick something up. surely you could find something better, even if it isnt in AZ. There were a few Montys in California I was considering if this one hadnt have panned out.

On a far off side note I have three cars I will be parting with if anyone is interested lol.

1979 BMW 733i-Has rust
2002 Infiniti I35
1999 Infiniti G20

Trades for all sorts of "get out of this house" crap will be accepted lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier