How to clean up my mess?

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
What is the recommended way to PROPERLY connect 4 positive leads (10ga) to one battery post and 5 grounds leads (10ga) to one battery post?

Everything has a fuse inline...

If i showed you guys, some might faint! But it's only temporary til I can source the right distribution parts.

Thank you.

AaronK

Explorer
I'd switch from inline fuses to a fuse panel with a ground bus. Then you only have two lines to the battery

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Would this be good or something else?
screenshot201509162241571.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
Looks 'normal' to me, no fainting here. But you really ought to use one fat supply wire and run another / aux fuse panel and tie your stuff to it, instead of that mess.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Let me elaborate a little bit more. The smaller drawing items such as LED lighting are on a fuse box inside a cabinet. The items that require a heavier load such as the fantastic fan, cigarette lighter plug for the 150 wt inverter and exterior LED lights are connected directly to the battery with 10 gauge wire and inline fuses. I did that so they would get the best possible current.
I do like the idea of that bus bar. Thank you.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I used the Blue Sea fuse block you posted above in my camper. It's about as easy and simple as you can get. Just be sure that the connection between the battery & fuse block is properly sized for the combined load, & has it's own protection (fuse or breaker). Unless you are doing something really out of the ordinary, I don't see much need to make it more complicated than that. Keep the fuse block accessible & troubleshooting is easy.

One more note - if you have a bunch of circuits running together through difficult to access areas, bundle & wrap them with chafing material of some sort & think about putting a spare set of wires in there (leave the ends disconnected & labeled as "spare") in case you add something later, or have a circuit that gives you problems. It's much easier to repair if you already have the wires run - particularly when you are away from home.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Everyone's advice, thank you.

I didn't aim for perfection but quick and easy were the results.
kNRKZfY.jpg

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
10 ga.
But upgrading as more of the fuses get filled is easy enough.
Currently only 6 amps is going through the box...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94