FG637 Chassis VIN Stamp location

tworakau

Hi wondering if anyone can help locate the chassis VIN number? It should be stamped on chassis, in the manual it says left hand side just behind wheel, but i cant see it for the life of me

i have a 1997 FG637 Single Cab, would appreciate a pointer or better yet a photo showing where yours is?

Need to get as registering in a new state, and they want it to comply

canter tourer

Adventurer
Sorry, haven't got a pic, but mine is the same as yours and was in the exact location as you described, BUT it was very hard to read, covered in crap and not stamped very deep. It needed a good clean of the chassis rail to find and even then, it takes the right angle to read it.

tworakau

Sorry, haven't got a pic, but mine is the same as yours and was in the exact location as you described, BUT it was very hard to read, covered in crap and not stamped very deep. It needed a good clean of the chassis rail to find and even then, it takes the right angle to read it.

Thanks for the info, can you see it from looking in the wheel arch? wondering if a guard ios blocking it - will have to get the cleaner out

tworakau

All good, thanks for the help! i gave it a good scrub with metho under the passenger wheel arch ion the chassis frame and revealed a faint VIN! which will help with the certification, thanks!

now onto the next task on my list, finding which relay is the intermittent wiper relay! haha

Alastair D(Aus)

aging but active
All good, thanks for the help! i gave it a good scrub with metho under the passenger wheel arch ion the chassis frame and revealed a faint VIN! which will help with the certification, thanks!

now onto the next task on my list, finding which relay is the intermittent wiper relay! haha

Try rubbing a bit of chalk over it whilst clean and then dust off with a tissue. This leaves chalk embedded in the stamping and provides extra contrast. Had to do this when taking a Landcruiser into Russia and the inspector insisted the papers did not match the vehicle.

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94