CSV E250 build

Grngiant

Adventurer
From what Ive read so far it would seem the detroit TruTrac diff is cats ********. You never notice it until it works and and had very little maintenance and less parts that wear out.
I'm kinda thinking the same thing. Although an ARB locker would be the $#!t.

ert01

Adventurer
-I have a factory 8.8 with 3.55 and Ford LSD (Trak-loc). It really doesn't perform like I'm used to with my old Chrysler LSD. I'm guessing the clutches are tired, so do I install an Eaton E-locker selectable differential, or simply order the Ford Racing clutch rebuild kit, and build the factory LSD? I've heard good/bad regarding the E-locker.

Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

now back to your regular program:

I'm not a fan of the E-locker.

If you have the ford limited slip, you can always just rebuild it and add more shins/spacers into the clutch pack to make it tighter. It's easy to do in the diff (no gear removal needed or any fussy pattern set-up) and the clutch packs are pretty cheap. There's a ton of write ups on how to do it specifically in the 8.8

It would be cheap and quick to do (a few hours) and would give you an idea if you really need a locker or not.

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
Thanks ert01, I had heard not so positive on E-locker, especially with heavier vehicles. Ford Racing makes a carbon fiber clutch kit for the factory LSD, seems pretty popular with the Cobra replica folks, etc. A supposed real improvement over the factory discs, and they come pre-set for a tight install, so I think I'll give them a shot first. We like "wise counsel".

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Options are limited for those of us with the semi float D60 that is most common in these vans. Factory limited slip or ARB, thats it.

Grngiant

Adventurer
Added 2 inch blocks this morning to get the rear back up where I like it.
I used Blocks for a F250. Ford part #'s 7C3Z5598C and 7C3Z5598B. These are tapered to help improve the angle of the dangle. For u bolts I used 5/8 x 3 1/2 x 10.5 from Rough Country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior