Treds mounting

BurbanAZ

Explorer
I bought a set of treds a while back and just hadn't gotten around to getting them mounted. I bought one of their mounting kits but it's a horrible design (at least for my setup). Yesterday I made some easy modifications to a set of the mounts that I used to mount my hi lift. Nothing fancy but it was cheap and easy.

One of the hi lift mounts. Their not the cheapest but I've used a set for my hi lift for years and I really like them.
image.jpg

I them plasma cut just a piece out of some scrap plate steel I had in my garage. Cut 2'x8'
image.jpg

I drilled holes in the piece and welded a bolt through one side.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Then like an idiot I realized I had made everything too short because I was using just one tred to measure everythin, so I cut some all thread real quick and extended the bolt.
image.jpg

Had to use a little coupling to extend the bolt on the mount because I couldn't weld that stainless steel.
image.jpg

Here's all finished
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 25

rayra

Expedition Leader
That has got to generate a lot of wind noise. handy placement though. Nice fab work too.

I'd rather have them in some sort of bag / pouch, both for wind and their obnoxious coloration.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Actually there wasn't any noticeable difference in wind noise for us even though I expected there to be, but I have that pelican case up there all the time too so maybe I'm just used to it. We went out for 3 days and it didn't move or vibrate or do anything at highway speed or off-road so I couldn't be happier with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier