My DIY solution to the UEV 440

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Don't worry, you can bet people are paying attention. I have to say, I'm a diy kind of person but I've never taken on this kind of project. I have one in mind for the future, but many others to finish up first. I don't blame you for doing it your way. Those trailers you modeled after are nice, but dang the cost. I just don't see the value there.

Anyway, great job, and I'm digging the old Singer.

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Incredible project! I wish I had any of your skills.
I hear ppl say this alot. Many say they are lacking skills, but i dont believe that. I think everyone has skills, they just need to be brought out. Start small and run it..:victory:

Rutdigger

Watch This!
.....and I'm digging the old Singer.
Ya know, that sewing machine is a tank! I bought and referbished it for this project and have found it can sew through just about anything! Canvass shops are wanting about 85 hr for work. Heck it took me 8 hrs just to make the patterns for all three sections (two beds, and roof). Ive got several more pics to post later tonight. I hope these projects inspire ppl to go for it and make there own. We all learn souch by doing it ourselves.

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Very nice. Loads of steel-- did you get a weight yet? Subscribed :)

Yep, in this pic it is weighing in at 2200#. It's about 95% done in this pic. The interior will get carpet, a fan-tastic-vent in the roof, some minor comforts, canvass etc. Prolly got about 40# in canvass goin on with the fold out tents and the rain flys. The commercial units of this size are running in between 1800-2800# with small tires and road worthy only. This one will go where I want it...So if I can stay within those parameters I will have met my goal.

225.JPG

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Great job Rutdigger! I really like the design.

The design was inspired by the REAL UEV 440 so I gotta give those guys the credit for the design but yikes on the price tag for it. All I did was build what I could from the pics on the internet and try and reverse engineer the measurements etc. But, thank you..:victory:

Rutdigger

Watch This!
DIY UEV 440

Only got time to post a few pics..on the way out the door to go tubin:

Test fitting the front tent:

258.jpg

259.jpg

Pending attaching it to the trailer until I get the awning track and rope:

260.jpg

Side tent test fit:

268.jpg

Added some lights for the shower and the kitchen area:

269.jpg

315.jpg

Post more later..gotta run and have some family fun...later guys..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior