Honey, I bought an Ambulance on Craigslist... Ford E350 1994 7.3 Diesel

insuficiente

Hi! I'm a complete newbie, and I the only vehicle me and my wife own is an old ambulance.

I plan on recording the process here, and hopefully you will be able to advice and encourage me :)

Original Craigslist advert
XKK4QNO.png

Engine: Amazing milage
Q0Ak0Hg.jpg
see it running here see engine running here:

how does it sound?

Bought it for $1400 after I discovered a huge patch of rust on the floor pan:

This are the things I've already fixed so far:

* dealt with rust first, removed driver seat, cut off carpet, cleaned and applied rust spray, 3 layers, I also bought aluminium sheet

* fixed the puncture on rear left tire! It had a slow leak, i patched it good!

*replaced both batteries, $270 total, ouch.

* washed inside and out, but i still need to do a more though clean inside

* removed useless furniture inside, still to remove floor etc

* fixed driver side door lock! I found it under the driver seat! All i had to do was fit it, i added some silicone to make sure it doesnt move again.

The bad parts:

* Carfax says its been in 3 accidents..
FzWsecH.png
and I can tell the wing has been repainted because it looks a lot newer:

http://i.imgur.com/Hk1aSpc.jpg

I think the damage is just cosmetic, but I dont know this vans that well. this is the only damage on the rear:

k0riVbp.jpg

* Missing driver side lock. But you can lock it from the inside, and unlock from the passenger side.

* Missing ambulance light covers all around (not a big deal, planned on removing them anyway

* Missing back ambo lights and there a giant hole, it tells me water must have gone in, but it looks fine, I will block with fibreglass or some kind of cover

hrOr65p.jpg

* Electronics inside are a bit of a mess

* Some damage, I plan on sanding it down, cleaning it and use Plasti Dip to give it a nicer finish.

The worse part is the rust under the driver side, everything else seemed clean otherwise, but I didnt have a good look under the whole car, I could have a better look tomorrow.

Picture of the rust:
hDgGwya.jpg

* It has a tow package!
EdrSvsb.jpg

* The plastics and door cards look brand new:
kQm2WLK.jpg

* brand new spare tire. and the rest of the tires are good, apart from 1 of them which leaks air through the valve I believe, easy fix.

I promise to update and post more pictures!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles