Anyone able to haul a camping trailer from PA to CA in the next couple of weeks?

Russ Chung

Observer
Wednesday, October 21. Ely, NV to San Francisco, CA. I left Ely, NV and headed westward on "The Lonliest Road in America"

I crossed the California state line on I-80 and began the ascent of Donner Pass. In Colorado I could only maintain about 45 mph on I-70 during the ascent to the Eisenhower Tunnel while pulling the trailer so I was pleased that I could maintain better than 55 mph on the climb to Donner Pass. That's the difference between 10,000 feet (in Colorado) and 7,000 feet (on Donner Pass). I'm sorry that I didn't take any pictures while crossing the Sierras.

I reached the Bay Area shortly after sunset. Here are some pictures I took while crossing the Bay Bridge:

Here's the track of my last day with the trailer (545 miles, 8 hrs driving time, 10 hours total travel time):

Russ Chung

Observer
Trip summary:
Jeep only (Columbus, GA to Quakertown, PA) 2 days, 899 miles, 15.5 mpg
Jeep + trailer (Quakertown, PA to SF Bay Area) 5 days, 3032 miles, 12.2 mpg

drodio

Entrepreneur & Lifehacker
Thank you so much for doing this, Russ. The gas money doesn't even begin to cover how meaningful it is to have reached out to ExPo members and have found someone so amazingly trustworthy to undertake the endeavor. I'll post some pics once I take it out on its first adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94