RHD to LHD conversion on troopy?

evilfij

Explorer
How challenging is this to do? There are a good number of reasonably rust free RHD 1HZ importable troopy land cruisers finally available for not a ton of money (Japan, but also Australia where $5000 aust seems to get a high miles decent one), but I have yet to find one in LHD. On a defender, the RHD to LHD conversion is very easy, but the parts do cost a considerable sum. Is the body shell at the bulkhead different? Are LHD parts reasonably available? Has anyone done it?

TYIA

eco 45

Supporting Sponsor
Not an easy task at all as you need to find a donor truck as the firewalls are different. Realistically you are looking $11,000.00+ if you can find a donor car just to change what side the steering wheel sits on. Personally I still find it hard to understand why people are willing to pass up a dream vehicle do to the inability or unwillingness to try a different driving position. Reminds me of the day when push button phones came out....so many people had death grips on their rotary phones as it is all they knew. No change is not easy, but where would life be without change? And as I state on my website driving a RHD vehicle is so easy Government employees do it daily and if they can do it, well you get the idea. Don't let a steering wheel make you pass up a dream as life is too short to drive something normal.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Thanks. I had a RHD Land Rover and did not like driving it. I suppose I will wait for a LHD one.

If you are a regular user of toll highways or drive through everythings, it can be a pain. If you want a left hand drive, look to North Africa or Europe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz