The Lunchbox Build... 4x4 chevy shorty van

Lunchbox2

Explorer
I just read through this whole build and I am loving it!! Keep it up.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I love how most people in here have waaaaaay nicer, and much more expensive vehicles, yet I get nothin' but love for my crappy old G-van.... :victory:

philos

Explorer
Thanks man! I love how most people in here have waaaaaay nicer, and much more expensive vehicles, yet I get nothin' but love for my crappy old G-van.... :victory:

As a working artist, I have waaaaay more respect for "stuff" makers than I do for money makers...

Sent via flux capacitor

eporter

Adventurer
This thing is awesome. More fab in 4 months than I've done in my life!

I keep thinking of this Astro Van from the 1999 Four Wheeler Top Truck Competition. I think they were getting it to do a nose endo if it braked hard enough...

Have fun!flexvan3.jpg

Lunchbox2

Explorer
This thing is awesome. More fab in 4 months than I've done in my life!

I keep thinking of this Astro Van from the 1999 Four Wheeler Top Truck Competition. I think they were getting it to do a nose endo if it braked hard enough...

Have fun!View attachment 329369

When I first started this venture, I was considering an astro van and this van is the reason, it's a BEAST! I ultimately decided against it because of the lack of space versus the G-vans though.....

Lunchbox2

Explorer
Yours is way cooler than that anyway. Especially if you don't put jet ski graphics on the side of yours.

What's the matter, you didn't like the 90's?? LOL In my mind I have about 3 options for paint.... #1 is to just paint it back white and have a nice clean paint job... #2 is to go with the urban digital camo. #3 is to murder it out, and go all satin black...

It's a tough call... If I do this video project with the van like I originally planned, the urban camo will attract the most attention (marketing purposes). I will want all eyes on me, so that would work out well. I'm just a little scared that I'll get tired of looking at it after a little while....

I love how bad-*** satin black looks, but I don't want to get pulled over every time I take off down the highway. We will be doing a lot of interstate driving, and I just know how cops can be. The satin black will be a cop magnet...

The white will be the most incognito, but I'm driving a friggin monster van, so how incognito can I REALLY be??

We'll see how it goes, I still have quite a long way to go before paint...

Last edited:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I vote for the camo, even though it was on my short list. White is blah and that black thing has been done. To. Death.

You could always do it with plasti-dip. On that big a project it isn't exactly dirt cheap but if you get tired of it or just don't like it it's a whole lot easier to change. You could bring the base back to white via good ol' paint and do the digital with plasti-dip. That way if you don't like it you haven't wasted dip on a base, and you've got a nice neutral base to build off of, or just paint over.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior