Baltic Birch 5X5 Panels

Lynnrb

Observer
I can get the 5x5 BB sheets here in Colorado for $45-$50 per sheet. It's really strong, the 1/2" thick stuff is like 9-ply, so its stronger than most plywoods out there. It makes great drawers and cabinets too.

BTW Lynnrb - that mattress is awesome, I may get one....the queen is 58" wide, so would work good for the 60" plywood.[/QUOT

I used 1/2" BB on my platform. It is supported on the sides and down the center and 1x2 oak strips on the two ends. It is rock solid, no need for 3/4" BB.

Lynnrb

Observer
Interested to see what you come up with for a willys wagon storage platform. Hope to see some pictures when you complete it. My wagon has been off the road for a couple years now but id like to get back in it for short close to home trips.

I looked into carrying water cans on exterior mounts, but I didn't like the idea of rear tire/can mount,(expensive) or putting that much weight on the roof rack.
So decided to install an RV water tank under the platform. I had a inaccessible area behind the drivers seat where the tank fit nicely. Added a small pump and spray handle. I find this much more convenient and cheaper than the exterior mounts.

Attachments

• willys 083.jpg
    willys 083.jpg
    552.6 KB · Views: 22
  • willys 084.jpg
    willys 084.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 22
  • willys 074.jpg
    willys 074.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 20

Forum statistics

Threads