Who can make the rear bumper I need

Androvers

Observer
So why do the various distributors keep telling me that ARB does not make one, literally been calling dealers up and down the west coast. Even called ARB up in Washington and they said no. What the heck.

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
So why do the various distributors keep telling me that ARB does not make one, literally been calling dealers up and down the west coast. Even called ARB up in Washington and they said no. What the heck.
Do ARB make one that will fit your Montero? Of course. Have they chosen to jump through the very expensive hoops to ensure conformance with federal vehicle standards in the USA? No. Is this process less expensive for them in other countries which just happen to have a much larger number of that model running around? Yes.

Simple economics. Too bad shipping from Australia or the UK is so dear.

Raul B

Explorer
Hit up Chris from killer off-road fabrication.... He made my rear bumper....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

plh

Explorer
Have they chosen to jump through the very expensive hoops to ensure conformance with federal vehicle standards in the USA? No.
Simple economics.

Say what? it is aftermarket. Don't be fooled that anybody makes an FMVSS conformed aftermarket winch bumper.

Simple economics - yes. There are not many Monteros in the USA. When they were imported, roughly 10% of the sales of Jeeps.

Last edited:

Androvers

Observer
Hit up Chris from killer off-road fabrication.... He made my rear bumper....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can I see some pictures of the bumper you had made? His work on his website looks to be of a really high standard.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Raul B

Explorer
Can I see some pictures of the bumper you had made? His work on his website looks to be of a really high standard.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
uploadfromtaptalk1444059014480.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444059038745.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444059063639.jpg

Not sure why my phone is doing that to the images. But look at my build thread for more pictures. Or.... Just call him up. Let him know I sent you and he will hook you up....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94