$wheel Camper access steps?

XJINTX

Explorer
BGuerin... any chance I may get a pic of how / where you mounted yours? I have been corresponding with Torklift and they suggested the bottom of the camper. I have an F250 and it has a splash type factory guard above the bumper I was going to mount there. Also do you see a need for their landing gear product or should I wait and decide myself? I don't have a local vendor so I will order from the internet. Thanks in advance redmondroger@att.net

XJINTX

Explorer
Phillip, the AC was installed factory... they even made the cover for it from same material as soft sides as popup. Actually our local vendor was offering the AC option free if you purchased at their Grand Opening. You mentioned Basic... Ft. Hood... San Antonio? I live an hour from Ft. Hood :)

It's cool here now but will certainly use that AC next summer :)

SEMPER FI

brian90744

American Trekker
how to attach step bracket to camper

See post 8 on my steps, I used a 2x4 mounted under the door to camper and mounted step bracket to that, just FYI=see pics

Attachments

• step mount 1.jpg
    step mount 1.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 42
  • step mount 2.jpg
    step mount 2.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 40

XJINTX

Explorer
That would not work for me I don't have any space for a 2x4 mine sits flush. I guess I am mounting it into the Camper right under the door. Checked with 4Wheelcamper and they said that is where they mount them.

Attachments

• measured.jpg
    measured.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 38

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles