M101A2 Expo/Camping trailer

shack

Adventurer

I've been contemplating this for weeks and have finally decided to just rip off the bandaid, so to speak. I've decided to sell my M101A2 camping trailer. I have a teardrop on the way, and another trailer waiting to be built, so its time for someone else to enjoy this bad boy.

$5750.00 OBO

Price includes:

Trailer w/ rack
Custom top
Mombasa RTT w/ lighting and annex
Foxwing awning (The others have been removed and sold)
2 Optima yellow top batteries
4 leveling/stabilizer jacks
2 spare wheels (no tires but I can add for interested parties)
45 watt solar kit (not yet installed)
2 chuck boxes

Located in Denver, CO. Willing to ship/meet for an additional fee.

I'll post detailed pics later on this week.

UPDATE: I've had people ask if I'd sell the trailer without the tent, and the answer to that is yes, I will. Price for the trailer sans RTT is $5000. I'll also remove the awning as well if the buyer chooses to use their own. Price without RTT and awning is $4500

Last edited:

Bho4779

Great trailer! I'm in Denver too.
Sorry not trying to hijack your posting...just saw you said you have a teardrop on the way? Which one did you go with? Why did you choose the teardrop instead of the RTT/trailer you have now? I'm trying to make the same decision right now...I actually was very close to ordering an off-road Hiker Trailer from the shop here in Denver.

Thanks for your time, and good luck with the trailer sale! Bump!

shack

Adventurer
Great trailer! I'm in Denver too.
Sorry not trying to hijack your posting...just saw you said you have a teardrop on the way? Which one did you go with? Why did you choose the teardrop instead of the RTT/trailer you have now? I'm trying to make the same decision right now...I actually was very close to ordering an off-road Hiker Trailer from the shop here in Denver.

Thanks for your time, and good luck with the trailer sale! Bump!

Thanks! I went with the TC Teardrops offering. After meeting the owners in person at expo and seeing the trailer first hand, I was sold. I was actually pretty close to going with a used Moby1 but just couldn't justify the cost. Granted, the TC doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles that the others offer, but I see that as a positive. Less to go wrong. Now, the reason I went with a teardrop was mainly for comfort and ease of use. Not that RTT's are hard to use, but now I can get to a campsite and just throw open the door and I'm good to go.

Tatted

Adventurer
ugh, I love this trailer, wish I was ready to buy right now, you did an awesome job, good luck on the sale, or you could keep it and just let me rent it all the time lol

shack

Adventurer
ugh, I love this trailer, wish I was ready to buy right now, you did an awesome job, good luck on the sale, or you could keep it and just let me rent it all the time lol

Thanks for the compliment. At the rate this sale is going, I might indeed just keep it and rent it. The thought has crossed my mind several times. I realize that the timing is off... so we'll see how things work out next spring.

Pjgrooms

Hello, I am in Denver and very serious about your trailer! I would like to look at it in person. Just a couple quick questions:
Any rust? Does it come with Jerry cans or propane tanks? Everything works?
What kind of tent and can it accommodate 4 people

shack

Adventurer
Sounds good to me. As far as rust goes... No, there's none on the body from what I can tell. The rack has an ever so slight amount where the legs join the body (on the welds) that can be cleaned up easily. There are also some minor scrapes and scratches on the sliding leg portion because it rubs the outer tube on the way down. Overall on a scale of 1-10, I'd say rust is a .5-1.

Everything shown works great. I have the batteries wired so that they charge off the 7pin while being towed. I will include the solar panels if you'd like, but they aren't installed or wired at the moment. I've never tested the breakaway controller but would assume that it functions as advertised. If not, the guys who installed it will fix it no problem.

It does not include Jerry cans for fuel, however I will throw in a 5gal water Jerry can as well as an additional mount. Also does not have propane. The stove in the chuck box runs off the smaller bottles so thats what I use.

The tent that is currently mounted, and the one I intended to sell it with, is a Mombasa RTT. It says it can sleep 3 people (maybe 2 adults and a kid). I doubt 3 adults would fit. There's also the annex that goes underneath it. Technically, you could sleep inside that but it's only 3 sided so I'd only suggest using it during the warmer months. I also have a used Tepui RTT that I can either switch out or add for an additional cost. It needs a new rainfly and the annex is a bit threadbare, but the tent canvas itself is solid. It's annex is a 4 wall setup, so it might be a better setup for ground based winter camping. Note: The rack will take both tents at the same time but one would have to fold off the front and one off the back. There's not enough room to have them fold out to both sides. My plan to sleep 4 people would be to deploy the foxwing and have someone set the tent up underneath it. There's really a lot of room underneath it. You could also buy the RV-5 tent that attaches to the Foxwing, or you could buy a bigger RTT.

Hope that answers all your questions. PM me and we can set up a time for you to check it out

Pjgrooms

viewing of the trailer

Hello,

I have sent you a PM. Respond back via my phone number and we can set up a viewing. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94