GIS Professionals

Willie H

Hey there. I was wondering how many GIS pros we have here on ExPo? I am currently in school for a BS in GIS in South Texas. Since I am just getting started learning ArcGIS I though I would reach out to some like minded folks here for advice and mentor-ship.

SurveyTx1845

I am a professional land surveyor with connections to any mapping aspects yall may need. Located in wford texas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mad Matt

Adventurer
I've got over 15yrs in the biz, but have migrated away from traditional GIS tools to primarily Alteryx and Tableau :smiley_drive:

Xodius

Adventurer
I wouldn't say I am a pro but have done surveys for about 15 years. Can't seem to get a real job in it here due to needing some special designation or another but between archaeological sites and government work here or there and after hours as a USGS map editor I have a small amount of xp.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
I'm no GIS professional, but I have met quite a few...

I was just talking to a guy the other day who is a 'GIS Professional' (Field Geologist) with a side business where he and a partner are getting into overlanding as a result.

They have wrapped a Tundra and made several trips to Big Bend/West Texas in order to promote their business. Here's a great profile on them from Carryology - http://www.carryology.com/liking/industry/bexar-goods-shop-visit/

Bexar%20Goods%20Tundra_zps98xqxdpi.jpg~original

In point of fact, I work for a GPS dealer and new/rental/broken/repaired GIS/Mapping and Survey equipment passes through my hands all day long (along with lots of yellow Pelican cases).

P1020013_zps7tgbserv.jpg~original

GeoXR_zpsip07imk4.jpg~original

P1030323_zps1f390be2.jpg~original

IMAG0594_zps40ad6645.jpg~original

P1030168_zpsxuhgr6ci.jpg~original

P1020113.jpg~original

SR300Case.jpg~original

:beer:

Last edited:

quickfarms

Adventurer
Another surveyor here, I am in Southern California.

I have created several GIS models for my clients that are far more accurate that the typical GIS.

Remember GIS mean get it surveyed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles