Nitro Gear / Just Differentials, Project 200 Series Land Cruiser

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Looks amazing! Im seriously torn between a used 200 and a new powerwagon. What will be included in the 200 kit? Also, what do you mean by long travel? How much did you gain by using the tundra parts?

Looks amazing! Im seriously torn between a used 200 and a new powerwagon. What will be included in the 200 kit? Also, what do you mean by long travel? How much did you gain by using the tundra parts?

Quite a difference between the two...:) As for the suspension:
from above:
"-Long Travel setup with OEM Tundra Lower Control arms, Tie Rod ends, CV shafts, Billet Icon Upper Control Arms, TRD Pro Bilstein 60mm Diameter Piggyback shocks with Internal Zone Control Progressive 3 rate dampening, Old Man Emu Rear Coils. 1.5" rear wheel spacers, 3" Wider Track, 3" front lift, 1" rear lift for level stance. Considerable increase in wheel travel." About 11" front wheel travel

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Quite a difference between the two...:) As for the suspension:
from above:
"-Long Travel setup with OEM Tundra Lower Control arms, Tie Rod ends, CV shafts, Billet Icon Upper Control Arms, TRD Pro Bilstein 60mm Diameter Piggyback shocks with Internal Zone Control Progressive 3 rate dampening, Old Man Emu Rear Coils. 1.5" rear wheel spacers, 3" Wider Track, 3" front lift, 1" rear lift for level stance. Considerable increase in wheel travel." About 11" front wheel travel

They are definitely different, and I would have both if I could.... I love the utility and grunt of a 3/4 ton Power wagon, but the reliability and comfort of a 200 series is very appealing. Thanks for the info on the LT. I can't wait to see some pics offroad

CYK

Adventurer
Looking forward to some more pics of this build!

same. i hope you end up running a truly big tire setup though i understand this is a slippery slope in ifs world. i did chat with you over phone earlier this year. thanks for your time.

i'm currently running all the top shelf icon parts for the 200 including omega bypass rear shocks on 33x13 at tires. next step would be to go 34s or maybe even 35s same width, but at this level, would accompany the upsized wheels with your gear kit. too many conservative bike tire 200s i see, though i understand the conservative crowd this truck attracts.

as an fyi, xd/kmc now sells hub-centric wheels for the 200. i'm running the xd bullys 18x9, 18+ offset and it's ideal for me. looks and drives crazy smooth w/ no craptastic plastic centering caps to deal with a la methods (ran the NV and double standards at one point).

enjoy!

texascrane

Adventurer
i'm currently running all the top shelf icon parts for the 200 including omega bypass rear shocks on 33x13 at tires. next step would be to go 34s or maybe even 35s same width, but at this level, would accompany the upsized wheels with your gear kit. too many conservative bike tire 200s i see, though i understand the conservative crowd this truck attracts.

Some people actually take their trucks off road.

nitro-gear

Supporting Sponsor - Differential & Axle Parts
Sorry, its been so long without any updates. this week 4.88 Gears and Lockers,
Front & Rear Nitro Gear Package for 200 Series Land Cruiser
ARB Front Locker for 200 Series Land Cruiser
ARB Rear Locker for 200 Series Land Cruiser

Also some Slee Sliders

Starting some "TRD Pro" badging. Got to try out the suspension. The front is perfect, the rear is too soft for the 200.

xUfn7Gbl.jpg

EdEnJdwl.jpg

eKkX3bkl.jpg

XwJHZu1l.jpg

fJmmvJml.jpg

fireball

Explorer
Truck looks great Carl! What year is it?

Tex - CBI just made a front bumper. There is a thread on here the guy has posted a good number of photos.

r3run33

Adventurer
I remember seeing you 100 series you built that was a great piece of work; any news on price of this suspension full work up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles